All CCW permit holders

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by olefin, Jul 30, 2006.

1. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Important Legislation to all CCW permit holders:

H.R. 4547 would allow any person with a valid carry permit or license issued by a state to carry a concealed firearm in any other state if he or she meets certain criteria. Importantly, the laws of each state governing where concealed firearms may be carried would still apply within its borders.

Please contact your U.S. Representative and U.S. Senators and urge them to cosponsor and support these measures.

Thank you.

2. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    I would love to be able to carry to any state .
    Brian

3. sds888

sds888 New Member

State:
    Townville, South Carolina
    That is a great if it gets passed. They just passed the law enforcement saftey act that allows police officer or retired police officers to carry an inact powers in emergancy situations only in any state. I just went to NC and for the first time was able to carry my backup weapon across state lines knowing I would not have any problems.

4. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    That is god news because many states don't reciprocate on CCW I wonder how this would work in D.C. and Illinois.

5. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Nothing ever works in IL. I like Illinois except for Chicago. That is what holds th rest of the state back. It is really sad. I would love to be able to get a CCW in Illinois, but I don't see it happening soon. Our lovely govenor is trying to ban firearms completely.

6. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    COOL! now im glad i didnt pay the extra $25 (or whatever it was) for the extra states application! Ohio's ccw permit is good in a few others, and you pay extra for a few more.

7. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    Dink if you keep threatening that turtle we are going to have a new amendment the right to keep and arm turtles.

8. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    That will be nice to carry in other states with out getting a permit for each.

9. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    I live in Miss. and I have a permit and the only states I go to anymore is Tenn.and Ark. Tenn does reciprocate with Miss.but Ark. does not and that puts me at risk because I'm all cripled up and can't out run em or out fight em any more so I DO NOT AND WILL NOT GO UNARMED!!!!!

10. Georgiajack

Georgiajack New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Thanks for the post. I've always liked to keep things simple, this would be a big step in that direction. Jack.

11. The local PD back in Auburn Nebraksa did some research for me before I moved to California about carrying weapons over sate lines. I could carry weapons across any state lines without a permit with the exception of California. I still haven't gone that distance to register my weapon to carry it in my vehicle. It is legal to have it in your own home as long as its registered in any given state because of home defense.

12. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I would also like to see someone that has a CWL be able to buy, sell and trade without a waiting period. Back ground checks, pic's and finger prints have already been done on people with a CWL. Should be able to run the license number and in minute's get an answer if its been revoke or good. If good, buy you weapon right then. This would save time and help out for those who shop at gun shows.

13. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I hope it passes quickly. I am thinking about getting a Florida CCW permit to go along with my Indiana permit. Thanks for the post.

14. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN

Thanks Dayton!

I can carry mine about as far as I need to but good to know, just the same.