All Caps!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by ozzy, Jun 4, 2008.

1. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    How many folks on here agree that all caps is yelling? Would ya please tone it down folks, I ain't hard of hearing, not yet anyway's.

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I couldn't agree more Mike!!!!

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I'm also with JW. I also couldn't agree more Mike. The only reason for that is if the Caps Lock button is jammed which I doubt happens.
    Thanks for the post Mike!!!:wink::big_smile:

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    WELL EXCUUUUSE ME! LOL! I kinda like it. I'm a little hard of hearin and it also means I don't have to reach for my cheaters. :smile2:

5. rob128146

rob128146 New Member

State:
    Rockwell, North Carolina
    You know I have a major problem with people telling me that all caps is yelling. I have always used all caps until about a week ago when i got a private message asking me not to because it was yelling....:cool2::angry: I have to use it at work and I always used it on the computer until it I guess offended people. You know I have always tried to do the right thing and change a lot of things I done in the past to get a long with people. but I feel that this is a stupid little pet peeve you have and a couple of other people. I SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO WHAT I WANT TO DO AND NOT FEEL LIKE I'M HURTING YOUR FEELINGS. You have upset me, because I have to change the way I have always done things. You know it is just like the CPR thing. We ran a couple of good people off talking about CPR. Well I for one will tell you that if it is not hurting you or me or anyone else you can get over it. Don't have to read my post or you can leave..:angry: Which ever one you want. i'm sorry but i feel like this is an enfringement.. Something so stupid as this. WTF AGAIN IF I MADE YOU MADE I SORRY BUT YOU ALSO HAVE MADE ME MAD.

6. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY

Well shame on you. LOL! You mean you have been offendin folks for all this time and had no feelins for it. LOL! I'm with you. GET OVER IT! I print notes in CAPS. How insensative of me. LOL! Stand tall brother. I'm rite next to ya.

7. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    I dont see what it matters. Who cares if someone wants to use all caps. What about the ones that dont use caps at all is that wispering. Some might have to say speak up I can hear you. Dont let little things like this bother you. You could miss out on some good times and post.

Tom

8. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

You may want to re-read the FAQ's.....

Its in #11.

Posting / Chatting Guidlines:

There are common courtesies to follow when posting or in the BOC chat. Following them will put you, in other members' eyes, as being cordial, polite, and a nice person. Some of those courtesies are as follows:

A. Don't type all in CAPS. That's considered shouting.

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_new_faq_rule

Not trying to offend you at all, just explaining where that caps thing came from. I figured I'd copy/paste to the FAQ's and post the link.

9. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY

Key word there is 'GUIDLINES" Besides, I'm not cordial nor nice. How people percieve me. Balony! They get that from what ya write. This is gonna get good and I'm lookin forward to it.:big_smile:

10. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I didn't say it was mandatory. I just quoted what the FAQ's said about it. I never noticed that you typed in all caps??? It doesn't bother me when some people do it but you get a ton of people doing it and it gets kinda aggravating. Its just a common courtesy for the 20,000+ members on here. Some people it may bother greatly, others not at all. If its a post I'm interested in reading, Caps or not, I'm still gonna read it. If I'm not interested I'm not gonna read it anyway so it doesn't matter a whole lot.....:confused2::wink::smile2:

11. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    WHAT'S THAT YOU SAY JOHN, CAN YA STOP MUMBLING AND SPEAK UP?...W

12. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY

I don't type in all caps. Its just. Who gives a rats butt. LOL!

13. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    SOMETIMES I FART AT THE COMPUTER. Should I tone that down also? :wink:

14. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

I hope not, cause if you do that means I do too.........:crazy::roll_eyes::wink::smile2:

15. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Just dont SHART at the computer LOL:smile2::tounge_out:

16. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    HOW SAID THAT CAPS WERE YELLING ,THAT IS JUST SOMEONE'S OPINION , I THINK THE WAY IT WORDED YOU WOULD KNOW IF SOMEONE IS YELLING AT YOU, WHAT A PETTEY THING IT'S BEGINING TO SOUND LIKE A BOUNCH OF KITTY'S INSTEAD OF GROWN MEN AND LADIES

17. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    When I joined the BOC back in 06,I thought the guideline of no caps. [being percieved as YELLING] was totally absurd. I still think it is ,but anyone who types in all caps seems to me does it to EMPHASISE what they are typing. ,anyway my skin is way thicker than to whine about the way someone types.

18. ho_shi

ho_shi New Member

State:
    Texas
    upper case

lower case

farting the case

it dont matter lol

i have had several ppls else where chew me out for not using "propers sentance structure and not using periods, capitals for new sentances ect ect"

i type the way i type as i dont like looking for the shift key, ON a LAPTOP is not always functuational or practical for my big ole hands

soo i start a new line, sure it might be annoying and such but it is easier for me the typer to do, some people have capital letters for passwords or have kids that use it and they just get into the habit of it being on and after a while they dont even notice that it is on, is just second nature

case sa ra sa ra

TO EACH THEIR OWN and yes i did shout that for the whole world to see!!!

potato patato some use all spincasts some use all baitcaster some can use both

case sa ra sa ra

19. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Everybody most certainly has a right to type anyway they choose.

Same way I have a right to skip over their posts, which I do most of the time. If I find it hard to read, I skip past it. No big deal. Of course, I can only surmise that if you type in all upper case, or never use at least reasonable spelling & punctuation, that it is your intention to have folks ignore you.

That said, I misspell intentionally all the time, it's part of my image.:wink:

20. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY
    WhAt If We OnLy YeLl HaLf ThE tImE? WoUlD ThAt Be Ok?