all 4 lakes in

Discussion in 'FLORIDA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by springkitty, May 22, 2009.

1. springkitty

springkitty New Member

State:
    Fl
    Lake City, Fl are infested with turtles, turtle, turtles, to the point it makes fishing nearly impossible. I have 2 questions:
    Is there any kind of bait fish love but turtles wont eat?
    Isnt there some sort of Agency that is supposed to control wildlife when it is out of hand like this?
    Thank you in advance,
    Kitty:angry:

2. bad apple

bad apple New Member

State:
    florida
    i would try dip bait i have never caught a turtle on it nore do i plan to...

3. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    im not sure how the turtles are down there in florida, but ive caught plenty around here on dip/punch bait.. i hate them things.. some of the best fishing holes i know, also make excellent turtle holes.. i cant blame em too much, i put a good free meal out there for em, so why leave?:smile2:

4. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    by the way.. welcome to the BOC!!

5. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Only bait I know of would be Zote soap. But thats pretty much a trotline bait, as it is a slow bite bait.

I have yet to catch a Turtle or a gar on it. Don't think you will have any luck using it on a rod and reel though..

6. crmule

crmule New Member

State:
    Orange City Florida
    You might try setting turtle lines ,they eat darn good.If you don't like them I am sure some of the local folks will .
    bewell mule

7. springkitty

springkitty New Member

State:
    Fl
    Thank you! Its good to be here, just trying to learn.
    kitty

8. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    i love eating turtle and im close to lake city, so maybe ill come over there and help you fish em all out of there.