Aligator hunting on Lake Wylie?

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by rocky357, May 15, 2009.

1. rocky357

rocky357 New Member

State:
    Belmont, NC
    Didn't know if anyone heard this story yet. Looks like someone has been dumping their pets in Wylie again. These little fellas are hanging around a swimming area of a local park

It was interesting what the SC DNR said about the alligators. If I remember correctly they said they weren't going to remove them? In the past when gators were spotted in Wylie I thought they removed them pretty quickly?

http://www.wcnc.com/news/topstories/stories/wcnc-051309-mw-lake_wylie_alligators.21d6cf34.html

2. Holmes

Holmes New Member

State:
    South Caro
    i read in the paper that that they was not going to take them out unless they was to cause problems or hurt some body. but i think that is to late then.

3. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Any alligator less than seven feet isn't a danger to people so they generally don't remove them.

4. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    My Stepdad has a place at the Elks Park there on Wylie,I usually catch all my bream that I use for Catfish bait from the same exact spot as where that pic was took of the alligator,I was there last Thursady evening catching some,didnt see them at the time.They do need to remove them from around that campground though,alot of kids play around the park that is right near that spot and often they wade out in the water there as well.

5. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Awwwww....they are so cute!!! :eek:oooh:

6. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    3ft long gators that is tooooooo funny.:smile2::smile2: I dont think you have to worry about them eatin anything but a few frogs.LOL You might have to worry about them eatin your crickets while you try to bream fish.:smile2:

7. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    I dont use Crickets,I use Worms:crazy::big_smile::smile2:personally I dont care wether they go or stay,I meant the long term.:cool2::eek:oooh:

8. rocky357

rocky357 New Member

State:
    Belmont, NC
    I personally wouldn't mind eating one of them! I've had alligator once and it was tasty!

I was planning a trip to Santee to hunt them this year. Now I'll just go down to the park and tie a cricket to my big toe and stick it in the water!

9. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    3fters should eat real good.:smile2::smile2:

10. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Rocky357, I think Rivercatsc knows where to get you some of that Gator meat you want. It comes already marinated and is goooood.