alert st louis

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by stump jumper, Mar 21, 2008.

1. stump jumper

stump jumper New Member

State:
    illinois
    girl friend works for mississippi lime says they closed the river from chain o rock to JB bridge just passing it along a lot of her business runs up n down the river

2. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Cuz, Ryan, and I were on the Mississippi last night above alton, and the lockmaster at Melvin Price wouldn't let us lock through. He said the coast guard had a small craft advisory out for the whole St.Louis area. Last night was the highest river conditions that I have ever fished. The gates at the dam were up out of the water, and the locks were wide open. There was also alot of debris in the water. Floating docks, trees, you name it.:crazy::eek:oooh:

3. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    That is a good way to end a great fishing career Gary. Be carefull buddy, we sure wouldn't anything to happen to ya'll over there. We may pick and tease at each other from time to time but, there ain't a fish out there worth dieing for brother.

4. cubedweller

cubedweller New Member

State:
    MO
    Yeah, but did y'all catch anything? :wink: Glad everyone came back safely. For once, JW's right. :smile2:

5. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    We didn't catch any catfish, but we did have a ball snagging bighead carp. I bet we managed to snag somewhere around 6-700 lb of them things. We appreciate all the concerns. If it wasn't for the lighting of the area, (It's lit up like fort knox up there at night.) We wouldn't have been on the water, period.:wink:

6. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    BE SAFE GUYS-dang the Sippi is the largest river in N.AMERICA and to those of us who have it in our back yard take her fer granite......but I will say this some 'o' them small rivers like the DesMion are more dangerous......
    I am a addict waiting for a fix but she is bad right now....man is da madness ever gonna stop!:cry: Ma Nature can kiss my grits!

7. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    On the news the other night they said that all small boats was banned from the river for the time being. How in the world did you all get by the water patrol.

8. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    From what I was told, by the lock master, it was an advisory, and they couldn't tell us to get off the water. But the advisory was from the chain of rocks to the JB bridge. We were above all that.

9. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Actually the Missouri is the largest river in N. America if your going by the length.....:wink:

10. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Yep, thank goodness the missouri R. does not have locks and lock masters. There would of been couple times I would of been kicked off the river.