Alert: Santee Crew Smacksdown Monty Crew

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Sunbird, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    *******BREAKING NEWS*******

SANTEE CREW "SMACKSDOWN" MONTY CREW THREAT!!!

First off I have been up for almost 50 something hours and I am still rocking back and forth from.....................NOT the waves, running to get that rod! "Smackdown Fish On" --Pop Pop (reps to ya' bro!)

I along with Bearfrog1 and Smokkin99 put the "kitty whippin" on the Santee cats Saturday night. From 9pm to 3am we boated some real WINNERS!!!!

Congratulations is in order to MR. Alex L.,(Smokkin99), who, for the SECOND time this year got a "GRANDSLAM" ! A channel, Blue and Flattie on the same trip!! The channel was nice 10lbs. the blue was nicer 38lbs. and the Flattie..............WELL BRAVO!!! 42lbs. It was absolutely beautiful! see pics below.

Bearfrog1, we are glad you are still with us bro! I am going to let that story tell itself over the next 30 post by us three! :crazy::embarassed::eek:oooh: Get my drift?

Jonathan(bf1) told me no less than 62 times on the phone last week he wanted a flattie, not to mention the 378 pm's that always seemed to elude to "I really want to catch a flattie". I will need some professional counselling (Pop Pop) to get that "haunting phrase" out of my head. I now know, that posting pictures of some of the nicer flat's I have been blessed to meet over the years gives "SOME" people the impression I know a secret or two about flatheads. :eek:oooh: The pressure was ON!

We had a blast!

Bearfrog1 got his flattie and some............... I mean have you ever thought you were seeing shad break the top of the water and sneak up real quite to throw your net..................................and 10,000,000
    2-6lbs mullet EXPLODE straight up in the air? I am sure I wet my pants! They came flying into the boat, hit the boat, bounced off the boat and I am quite sure that Smokkin99 will NEVER sing bass again or have anymore kids!:eek:oooh: OUCH!! He turned a nice shad of "PALE" and squeaked a shrill #*^ $! *^)$!!!! Sorry Bro, that was hillarious!! :smile2:

This trip was just down right fun! I encourage everyone to go fishing with brothers you really don't know. I have made two, great, new friends and memories that will NEVER be forgotten. Sorry Bro, that was funny!
    Bearfrog1, you are "one of a kind" and your generosity made it all possible. Nice boat, can I have that motor.....PLEEEEEEEEEEASE? Oh yeah, and next time wear lots of warm clothes so you don't have to curl up around the heater.:wink:
    That was, and probably will ALWAYS be, the most expensive heat bill EVER!!! 15 minutes of warmth for 6k. Hmmm? That's $400 per minute,:eek:oooh: 900 seconds at $6.67 a second, :eek:oooh: And that's not to mention the "life threatning" part, don't worry I will be ok!:smile2: Alex and I were worried about you for a minute there! Glad U OK!!

I will tell no more for now so the other two "STOOGES" can chime in.

One more thing, EVERYONE make plans to attend a gathering! Let's make this Ga/Sc/Ala./Fla..Ak(?) HI(?).......etc. the BOMB DIGGITY!!

I"M THERE!

P.S. Jim, Just a thought how much did the "cat rod eating jeep" cost ya? 6k? Brothers, we might ought to keep those two seperated? :eek:oooh::smile2:
    GLAD YOU BOTH OK!!
    There were more fish but I was only able to take these few pics, the action was fast! Wear your cup! :smile2:---Sunbird, I'm going to sleep now!

Attached Files:

2. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Congrats on the fine catch guys. Glad everything worked out in the end and everyone is OK:wink:. Ya'll Spanked some kittys for sure!

3. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I'm making and land anchor for that Jeep today....I gonna need it for Monday night, LOL . Thanks for the offer on equipment but I got enough to get by with . What I do need is some water dumped into Hartwell , if you can help with that...feel free , LOL .

Sounds like yas had a blast and caught some nice fish in the process . Thanks for the story and pic's .

-Jim-

4. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Jim, You might want to talk to Bearfrog1 about anchors. He has an anchor on that boat that I am sure was stolen off a cruise ship! :smile2:
    I stayed as far away from it as possible. We caught some nice fish, but that anchor actually caught an anchor! Frog put it in the boat, I throttled up #$%^&*()_(*&^% what was that? A cord wrapped around the propeller! :eek:oooh:
    Turns out that "anchorzilla", as he calls it, pulled up an old anchor in it's massive jaws of death and nobody saw it hidding in that big mouth. The lanyard got all in the motor......etc. After carefully taking it all off the motor we discovered this anchor.

"ANCHORZILLA" IS A BEAST!!:eek:oooh::smile2::eek:oooh:

5. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Sounds like yall had a great time and got some real nice fish. Yes you are right old Bearfrog1 loves those flatheads.:smile2:

6. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    WHAT AM I DOING? I JUST SAID KEEP THOSE TWO APART AND THERE I WENT AND.......................REALLY NEED SLEEP! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

7. bearfrog1

bearfrog1 New Member

State:
    Mount Pleasant,
    OMG WHAT A WEEKEND!!!!!! First of all thank you so so much for putting me on a flathead! Too bad mine was only 15lbs whereas Smokin99's went 42lbs! Just my luck, but I'll keep the complaints to a minimum as I did land and kiss a flathead. (So you know and Rivercatsc does know this, I kiss all flatheads I catch but I never kiss another man's fish)
    Anyways, we got to Black's Camp Friday afternoon got a room for 2 nights and got some bait. Shad, live brim and mullet was the baits of choice this weekend. (Though Smokin99 about lost his cajones to those flying mullets...lol) We went out night fishing on my boat once Sunbird escaped his wife and showed up. We told him we would bring Bojangles chicken but he was nice enough to hear me say to bring Bojangles chicken so we wasted about 25 birds this weekend. Went out and I was obviously underdressed for the cold. The flying Geese headed towards Florida shoulda been a sign. I had a propane heated inside my enclosure to keep me warm. The other two never really needed to come inside my heated den, but then again they probably didn't want to come accross as wusses. I am one and proud of it. Too bad it is gonna cost me BIG. Later in the night I was alseep beside the heater. Little did I know that the heated had melted my insulin pump (yes I'm a bad off diabetic with too many complications to mention here). I woke up feeling sick. Tried to give insulin and the pump was dead. THIS SUCKED... We headed back to shore fast as I was 2 1/2 hours from Myrtle Beach. I got out at shore and called my pump 24 hour hotline. They confirmed that it was dead. I told Smokin99 and Sunbird to go back out and fish for me, I'll be ok. (I'm as nice as they come huh?)
    Got home and found out that a new pump is $6000. Insurance will pay 85% so that heater ended up costing me $900 if my math is right. I got home and got some medicine to hold me over. I drove there slept 2 hours and drove back. They can give you the Moultrie drift reports as I was a landlubber at that point.
    They came off around 3pm Saturday and we got ready to night fish again. At this point I was still fishless and out ALOT of $$$ in my head. I NEEDED a flathead to help me feel better. Many hours later we were fishing (Actually they were and I was asleep again on the boat beside my heater). I awoke to screams of joy. That Alex had a flathead as big as my son laying in the net on the pontoon floor. I WAS AWAKE FROM THIS POINT ON!!! We fished I'm thinking 1 hour more on this same secret spot of Sunbird's when my rod went down. I fought him in and it was my flathead!!! (Yes I gave it a kiss on the lips) That was my only fish but Alex continued to show us how it is done. He got the big blue on our last stop that me and him was on back in the spring when we both got our Grand Slams each. Nice place...
    This was a trip that felt like a blessing and curse at the same time. I needed to get away since this has been a wild year, but it hurts to have to come up with $900+ dollars for being a wuss in the cold...
    Jonathan
    Bearfrog1@yahoo.com

8. bearfrog1

bearfrog1 New Member

State:
    Mount Pleasant,
    AnchorZilla...Ha!
    Here is proof that all must fear this anchor. It eats other anchors from the bottoms of the abyss and spits them out on deck.
    We avoided a disaster there. Glad Sunbird disengaged the gear before it could take the rope further. I'll have to check the hub next chance.
    This anchor of mine, I've mentioned it in a few past posts before. It is a 45lb fluke anchor with 5 feet of galvanized chain and 100ft of rope. This anchor has lost me so many friends. I can't get any of my friends (except Smokin99) to come back and fish with me after they pull it up a few times.
    Moving on...
    Here is a few pictures of the fish caught. Alex ofcourse has the big 2 and I have the little one...
    Jonathan

Attached Files:

9. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Sounds like GREAT time was had by all. Sorry it cost you so much Jonathan! :sad2: Yeah, we need a big ol' get together! We're game!
    BB in SC

10. bearfrog1

bearfrog1 New Member

State:
    Mount Pleasant,
    A get-together would be great. CAN I SUGGEST JULY IN MIAMI????
    Saw too many peguins over the past 2 days...
    Jonathan

11. smokkin99

smokkin99 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Thanks for the weekend full of dos and donts. I really enjoyed this weekend with a newly found friend and a old friend. Nothing in the world beats that:cool2:. We did find some nice fish but it was a learning trip for me . Sunbird is a supper nice man he taught me alot of new things( no new secret spots but just what to look for) and that is what i like. I never ask for them i want to find them on my own:smile2:. i understand everyone had to find their spots by hard work. So a BIGGGGGGG THanks goes out to SUNBIRD fo my new knowage fo finding fish. And to Bearfrog in for trussing us with his boat while he got myself back together. That my friends is what you call is FREINDS!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool2: I owe you two bigg time!!!!

NOW for the good stuff!!!! Yes i did have to tell wife no lastnight cause i was still sore from the 4lb. mullet headbutt Sat. night. But that was CRAZZY to see 3 to 6 lb. mullets going nuts. We need to check the hull for damage next time out!!!!! LOL

Now for totals 5 fish =

1 channel = 6lb.
    2 blues = 52 lbs
    2 flatties = 67 lbs

total 125 lbs SMACKDOWN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOOKS like the team of SUN SMOKE FROG is a smacking the kitties. With back to back GRAND SLAMS for me !!!!!!!!!!:smile2: I am SMOKKKIN.

Thanks my friends for the trip. GOD speed to all.

12. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Sounds like yall had a great time and got some nice fish to top it all off. I hope to work out a day soon for us to get together on the river again.

13. takeaction

takeaction New Member

State:
    Ware Shoals, SC
    sounds like great times indeed. I enjoy reading every post. keep the smackdowns coming!

14. Mrs. Sunbird

Mrs. Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run, SC.
    Oooh Sunbird, you are da'man!

I spent Friday night and Saturday night with the "kiddies" while hubby was spankin the "kitties". I'm glad ya'll had such a good time. I must tell you though, after the baby comes I am going to be Sunbird's fishing buddy!

Bearfrog1, heard you had a nice boat? Sunbird had a blast hangin out with you and just so you know, He is THE person I would want to help me in any medical emergency! He is pretty smart there and you were in good hands had things gotten ugly. He said you made him laugh, spaz! Congrats on the flathead, next big one is mine!

Smokkin99 you too were a hot talking point yesterday at our house. Jon said you were a sponge and taking it all in. I'll go ahead and tell you he's full of............! No J/K! He is a thinker by nature and will always be a student, he HATES to lose, and not catching fish is losing to him! he enjoyed sharing what "little" he said "he knows and hopes you can staighted all that information out to get at least one good tip!" You had a banner day! I think he was a weeeeee bit jealous of the big flathead. Congrats to you!

I hope you will take him off my hands again sometime, I love you Sunbird! :wink:

15. CarolinaCatJack

CarolinaCatJack New Member

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    Oh, just wait til' we get him to Greenwood, for some DD channel action. Again, thanks pop pop, for the PB last week. I'm ready to go back out and try to top it. Who else is game? Buster? Bruce? Jon? Pat? Jim? Let's get on down to the 'Wood!

16. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    if your looking for dd channels santee has them my psb 29lb have seen 33lber the roundhill

17. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    G-wiz I cant imagine the fight a channel that size would put up .

18. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Ol' Pop Pop would love to spank a Channel that big. I'd take a picture, then smack him on the head and letting him go:wink: Set back grab nice ice cold refreshment, and SMILE!!

19. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I agree I have caught lots of nice channel cats there and my PB was a fat 18lb big headed male caught on lake marion.

20. bearfrog1

bearfrog1 New Member

State:
    Mount Pleasant,
    A few years ago, I caught a 5lb Albino Channelcat near Taw Caw landing on Lake Marion. Wierd one...