ALERT! Just started on the History Channel, In search of Giant Redtail Catfish

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by SkipEye, Mar 19, 2008.

1. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    On the history channel now, In Search of Giant Redtail Catfish in the Amazon.

Heck now they are showing noodling in Oklahoma??????

Anyway, thought some folks might want to watch.

Okay, I don't know what the title is, now they mentionedMekong Catfish, anyway, enjoy!

2. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Skip....are ya SURE that is a red-tail????:eek:oooh::tounge_out::wink:

3. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Never let a guy live it down!:roll_eyes:

I see how you Arkansas boys are!:angry:

Wait..... the Missouri and kentucky boys won't let me live it down either!:eek:oooh::smile2::smile2::smile2:

Good thing I'm such a good sport!:wink:

4. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    That was on Monster Quest Darryl, I watched it and it was interesting but nothing I havnt already seen. They were also trying to find a 14tf long Lake Trout in Canada and they made a Muskelung using only the bottom Jaw to gauge its size. The Muskie was probably the most interesting since it was HUGE.

5. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    I watched it and I am going to have to pull the BS card on a 14ft lake trout. The world record was 70 pounds and something like 50 inches. My dad caught a 40 lber that was 42 inches. So for it to be over 100 inches long would mean the thing weighed somewhere in the neighborhood of a giant load of crap.

6. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I thought a 14 foot long Lake trout sounded like a load of bull myself!:roll_eyes:

7. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    I am gonna go ahead and say any north america fish except a sturgeon being 14 ft is a load of bull. And even then that would be a big damn sturgeon.

8. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I watched it. What about the guy noodling and said it was over 100lbs and it almost drowned him? Thats another reason I don't noodle....:crazy::smile2:

The part about the giant muskie was cool!
    Thanks Darryl for the heads up on the show!!!

9. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    it wasnt just the redtail catfish. the show was monsterquest and it was on "monster fish".. get it.. monsterquest searches for monster fish.. ya..
    their past shows they have looked for sasquatch, a giant hyena/wolf thing that was terrorizing pennsylvania and they have searched for la chupacabra.. its an interesting show.

10. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Nah ah,
    I know a guy who has a friend who's sister knows a gal who's mom has an uncle who knows a guy who heard about some guys who knew another guy who's daughter was married to a guy who worked with some other guys who knew a diver who works on dams who saw a catfish that was at least 25 feet long.
    His hair turned white and he was so scared he never took a bath again the rest of his life:wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:...W