Albino Fawn

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Gordhawk, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Have you ever seen anything like this before? I sure haven't and was just wondering if anyone else on the BOC had seen one.

Attached Files:

2. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Cute little bugger, whats her name?

3. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Glen you are gonna have to enlighten me on the story.I have only heard of em

4. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    This photo was sent to me in a email from one of my friends in St.Louis. Here is the complete story that went along with the photo. Actually there were 2 photos,I'll see if I can get the other one up. And now,the rest of the story.
    This was sent by a man in Rhinelander, Wisconsin

A very eventful day around here... A once in many lifetimes experience! ? I saw this lil' feller run out in front of a car-- thought it was a lost baby goat. ?Stopped to get it, and WOW!! ?A real Albino Whitetail Deer. ?Just hours old, but doing fine. ?No Momma deer around. Another car nearly hit it in front of me .

Well, he is THE neatest thing any of us ever saw. And such a 'freak of nature', that only 1 in more than a million are even born. He took his bottle of food, followed us around the house, doing great. So, we called the Zoo & Fossil Rim, who were both interested, but we're going to send him to a Rehab farm. Maybe he will make it in captivity somewhere and be appreci ated. So rare... Sure wanted to keep him tho. but, not the thing to do. And not LEGAL either. Here are a couple of pictures to show you. ? He was snow white, pink eyes, ears, nose and hooves. Kids called him POWDER. He was SO small. That is my shoe lying beside him... WOW..how cool is that??

5. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Here is picture #2 of the albino fawn.

Attached Files:

6. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Absolutely adorable!! 99.9% of the time that was the wrong thing to do! but being its an albino and most likely would have been eaten by something....You did right in my book.

7. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    There were two albino bucks on some land not far from my house last year. It seems as though I heard the State allowed on of them to be harvested, or maybe they tranquilized one and moved it to a safe location. And, yes, they are rare. I would hate to be a sportsman who harvested an albino just for the sake of my ego.

8. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    That's a cute little bugger!

9. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Yep, I've seen that one before. Isn't she beautiful?? So delicate looking. Very sweet.

10. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    it is legal to shoot them in my state and i have a friend who shot a true albino buck (pink eyes)a few years ago. his life has fallen apart on him since. the old timers we hunt with had talked about it being bad luck and they said they wouldnt shoot one for nothing before he shot this deer and i dont think he will shoot another one. strange things have happened to him since. ive never seen one in the wild myself but i did see a half white one riding down the road one day. easy to see. i even done some work for a guy that lived 1 mile from where i had seen it and i asked him if he had seen it and he said no. one year later he called me and told me he finally seen the half white deer. the area my friend shot his in seems to have a few in it. i seen another one harvested in that same area and several half white ones.

11. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Over in the Warsaw Ill. area a buck got hit last year that was albino.Real cool but I wouldt harvest it fer all the money in the world.They are special as THE GREAT WHITE BUFFALO

12. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    If there was a time where you'd want to start raising/breeding trophy deer....I'd start with that little one! I always wanted to buy a farm & farm for wildlife. I'd stock it not with monster typical bucks but with the odd balls...piebald, non typical racks, the even more rare melanistic color phase and albinos. Typical racks are a dime a dozen but a deer that is unique in some way, has character and wont be forgotten as easily as another typical 8 pointer....ect.

13. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana

nah, i dont think i would shoot one either.

14. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    My buddy took this pic in his back yard. there were three of them. they all had red eyes. one of them was found dead in the field behind his house. someone shot it and left it lay..the only color on this deer is her tarsal gland. they turned dark when the rut came in. goes to show you how much oil a tarsal gland secretes. there was a nice half white 10 point buck running around the area. it disappeared. no-one heard anymore about it.

Attached Files:

15. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I think I need to clarify this thread. I thought I made it clear when I started this thread that I did not find this deer. I received the photos and the article I had in the my original post about where this deer was found at and what the guy that found it had done with it. I'm sorry if I didn't make myself clear.

16. coble9

coble9 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    A good friend of my family is one of if, not the best taxidermist in northwestern ohio and did a full body mount of one that was shot in southern ohio. Weird looking, but that would be a trophy. Should have been loaned to cabelas for a year or two to display. Georgeous!!!