Albino blue catfish

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by gilmafam, Jan 19, 2007.

1. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Just reading an ole catfish mag. and saw two photos of some Blues. I have not seen one of these, but I dont live where there is an abundance of cats in lakes and rivers like you folks east of the Colorado River. Have you seen albinos or have you caught one....?

bayrunner ray

2. peck

peck New Member

State:
    Illinois
    This is my first post. Yes I have caught Albino cats from area ponds here in So. Illinois. They sure look different. But bite the same. Putting up a good fight.I practice CPR.:0a26: :0a26: :0a18:

3. redwiskers

redwiskers New Member

State:
    iowa
    I cant believe that fish lived long enough to get that big. I would think as a small cat he must of stood out like a sore thumb. He must be really fast or really smart. That would explain why I've never caught one. They are smarter than I am. Ha ha ha.

4. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    There is a video on this board in the videos section where DH catches a nice albino, you should go look at it. Never caught one but have seen on come out of one of the private ponds that i fish.

Wheelmobile07

5. superman

superman New Member

State:
    DeSoto MO
    i have caught one albino blue it was about ten pounds caught it out of the mississippi river two years ago

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    My father in law caught one a couple years back in the Arkansas river near Kiota OK. said it was about three lbs he turned it loose

7. teamclose

teamclose Guest

a buddy of mine caught one last winter on the Ohio. I think that it went around 16-20 #s

Attached Files:

8. gilmafam

State:
    California
    good to hear from you. welcome to the BOC

9. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat Active Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have caught a few in a small ponds, but never in big bodys of water.

10. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I have never seen a Albino blue catfish, that is strange!

11. StuBone278

StuBone278 New Member

State:
    south central Louisiana
    There is an albino channel cat in the pond I fish, I've seen it while chumming the water with fish food for the bream.:smile2:

My friend has seen an albino gator-gar at his camp before! :eek:oooh:

12. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Nope, never caught one, or seen a live one, but those pictures sure are cool! Thanks!

13. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Glad to have you aboard Peck. Welcome to the BOC Brother!!! See Ya down at the Pelican next weekend buddy!!!

14. dwordenfish

dwordenfish New Member

State:
    massachusetts
    There is a huge albino channel cat where I fish. 25-30 lbs I estimated. This would be my dream fish, as it is also probably the Mass state record as well.

15. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Nope. Never caught one, but I hear about them where I fish. Maybe someday I will get lucky. Saw my dad catch a 3# albino blue years ago. Haven't seen one in person since then.

16. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
  17. gilmafam

State:
    California
    Dearhunter... thanks for sharing the post... Ive only seen the pics that I posted, and several others from folks that added to the post. Looks like you had a productive trip.

bayrunner ray

18. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    I've Only Seen Them On Here And I've Never Caught One.

19. bamacatman

bamacatman New Member

State:
    alabama
    man thats a first for me ty for the post

20. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    It's a little hard to tell, but those two pics may not be albinos. Albinos do exist and do get to be a fairly large size, but blue cats can change their color depending on their surroundings. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a white blue cat come out of the "muddy" Mississippi. This kind of thing also tends to confuse a lot of people in this area. Blue cats are called "white" cats.
    The only difference will be the color of the eyes. A true albino will have pink eyes and one that is just really light in color will have normal looking eyes.