Alberto

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Gator, Jun 13, 2006.

1. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Well looks like we are going to get some much needed rain thanks to Alberto. They are calling for 6 to 9 inches today and tomorrow. Looks like the river just my be on the rise with this one.

2. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    P.S. I pray that all our brother and sisters down in Florida come out of this ok.

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I've said a prayer all goes well also!!!

4. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    we'll be thinking of you guys.

5. catcam

catcam New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Gator, has it let up over there? Savannah is getting dumped on- the streets are starting to flood. It's been going strong since early this AM.

6. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma

Catcam??? What?? No more spells? Oh man....

7. catcam

catcam New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Hope you approve, Tony? When I joined I had no idea of all the clever names..Paul changed it for me yesterday. :embarassed:

8. catcam

catcam New Member

State:
    Georgia
    We just had a tornado warning on Tybee Is.
    and I'm sitting here on the computer..no lightning happening, just rain, rain, rain, and more rain!

9. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma

I approve of it Jen.

Go get in a safe place and avoid the tornado, PM me AFTER it passes!!

10. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Just proves the old adage."Every silver lining has a gray cloud in it":big_smile: :lol: Quite frankly Alberto is Mother Natures perfect answer to the near drought like conditions from Florida on fire, to NC. Santee hasn't had any decent rain in 5 months so this will fill the rivers and start drawing water through the diversion canal,which will trigger a great bite.It will also keep the lakes full through the spawn and hatch period of all the fish which will provide another great year group.The lakes had been dropping steadily.There might be some tornado threat but it will dissipate quickly,no high wind damage like a hurricane but lots of rain and some flooding.All in all more gain than pain.:smile2:

11. catcam

catcam New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Well it's been raining in SE Georgia for almost 12 hours! The eye of the storm is now ashore (came in around Adam Beach Florida) Rain is suppose to continue through the night as it moves across Georgia. We had a confirmed tornado touch down on Whitemarsh Is. around 1:30 this afternoon. We have had some downed trees and power outages around Savannah.

12. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Sounds strange to me. I spent 9 years in Georgia and it seemed like if it wasn't raining, then it just stop or was just fixin' to. I can't imagine needing more rain down there.

13. greg

greg USCA - STAFF Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    GA/ Ia
    Been in the hospital for couple of days seemed to miss this thread, Sorry:sad_2a: Hope everyone is ok down there