Albert!! Awshucks!! Teamcatfish!! Hey guys...

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by Big Sam, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    I just heard a "rumor":eek:oooh: that in oklahoma shad that is caught in oklahoma MUST be fished with in oklahoma & cannot be transported to another state to fish with. Heard it was in-acted because some bait-suppliers from "another state" we wont mention the great state of _ _ _ _ _!!! Was coming to Kerr dam & Eufaula raping the shad.....Is this a truthfull regulation????????

2. fishinphenom

fishinphenom New Member

State:
    oklahoma

3. Steven Armstrong

Steven Armstrong New Member

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    if rapeing us on bait ain`t bad enough, they are rapeing us on these tournaments too! lol! we can`t stop the dope dealers and wet backs from crossing the border but we`re going stop people from taking bait across the line! sounds like gov. henry needs to get a life , don`t get me started! lol!

4. fishinphenom

fishinphenom New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    this is taken from ODWC Wildlife news 3/8/07

"The limit on the number of shad a person can have in possession while on the water was eliminated, and the possession limit on the number of shad that can be legally transported via land-based transportation was increased from 150 to 200.

Additionally, the sale, offer to sell and transportation of shad taken from Oklahoma waters out of state with the intent to sell were prohibited. "

5. ronlyn239

ronlyn239 New Member

State:
    Bartlesvil
    So...take that, all you other unfortunate states surrounding us. Nobody, and I mean nobody, takes our shad and catches foreign fish. Our fish need all the groceries they can round up.........That'll show 'em. However, if the Gov could figure out a way to tax the perpetrators, then he'd let them take the shad wherever.

6. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Sounds like you can use them, you just cant sell them. Thats fair.:smile2:
    150-200 nice sized shad is quite a bit.

7. Steven Armstrong

Steven Armstrong New Member

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    if i read that right, shad can be transported as long as its not for sale?

8. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    here is a question. i buy an oklahoma license each year to go along with my texas license. i fish texoma and catch my shad on the oklahoma side, but am fishing on the texas side. if i buy a texoma license i can fish anywhere on texoma, but do my two licenses allow me to fish with the shad on both sides? because if i only have one i can only fish on one side.

9. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    The thing about transporting the shad, is quite a few of the states have regulations prohibiting using live bait in their waters if the bait did not originate from those waters. So, the ODW rangers or state troopers may not cite you, but your own wardens can. Catch 22, isn't it. LOL

10. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Well i dont know that one but i will say a Texoma lake license will stop them in there tracks..i think they are 12 bucks???15 bucks?? good for the year too..

11. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Lawerance my friend called the odw they put him through to a game warden..he was asking shad net info//any-way he told my friend those shad better be used in oklahoma & it's illegal to take ANY out of state!! selling or not selling....we like those Ok shad here in border-town arkansas:wink::eek:oooh::tounge_out:

12. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    We've had a problem down here on the Grand River with some Arkansas stripper guides, coming over with all there holding tanks and feeling plum up, beaver fever guides, and some other guides were catching on, i don't mind it when there actually out in the lake or river hunting for there own shad, but when they come and snake out a honey hole and clean out your shad supply, i think they need to go on, specially with their fowl attitudes

13. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    I could see if shad were not native to waters they were being taken to & fished live, but they are abundant everywhere aren't they???

14. catman george

catman george New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    The key to remember is enforcement. They have to have reason to stop you to inspect and count the shad. I seriously doubt many rangers are out watching for shad raiders. Granted they have the power but there is little glory for them to arrest someone or ticket them for shad raiding.

15. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    George they mainly watch the dams that produce large #s of shad...The wardens do watch Kerr & Eufaula..maybe more now since all dams have video surveylance....heard the dam folks filmed some snaggers at Kerr & they confiscated there equipment & vehicle last year:wink: I imagine if ya went to the dam with various 5 gallon buckets & ice chests & they seen ya...it wouldnt be good if they did count them!!:eek:oooh::tounge_out::wink:

16. schoonie

schoonie New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Ain't that the truth.

17. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I am glad I do not have a problem getting shad!!

Attached Files: