Alaska

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by micah, Aug 2, 2007.

1. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    Well, I hate to do it but I'm gonna have to give the Flats a break next week. I'm headed to Alaska for a 5 day fishing trip. I've been waiting for the rain all year to get the Flat's moving and it just so happens to start raining real good the week before my trip. Oh well, the Flat's will have to wait because the Silvers are calling my name.

I'll post some Pic's when I get back

Don't forget,,,,,CPR
    Micah

2. Mark R.

Mark R. New Member

State:
    Rush Springs, OK
    What lures do you use on the silvers and Dollies? I am headed up there myself week after next,I shipped my poles last week but haven't done anything about tackle.

3. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Good luck Micah! Hope you do well.

4. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Good luck. That is a dream trip right there. Have fun.

5. stinky fingers

stinky fingers New Member

State:
    Buckeye,Arizona
    Good luck Micah.

6. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Go to alaskaoutdoorjournal.com & look at the private angler reports. Those guys post their reports of where they're catching fish, not catching fish, how crowded the conditions are, what they're hitting on, etc. etc. etc.

Are you guys taking guided trips or doing it yourself? What part are you going to?

7. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    I lived out in the Bush for about 5 years in the early 90's. I lived in Nome and Bethel. I had the best 5 years of my life up there. I worked for an airline that flew to about 100 different villiages and went to about every one of them fishing. I worked one week on and had one week off. I used to pack a tent, my fly rod and all the neccesities and go on adventures every other week.

I've got a lot of friends that live in Anchorage with boats. We're headed out to the Deshka River and maybe the Little Susitna for a few days. I'me probably gonna go down to Seward and see if I can bring back some Halibut too. I can't wait to get out of the heat and back to God's Country.

Mark R. You'll find a lot of people using Large Spoons but most will probably be using Eggs with a spinner setup. Anyone fishing with you or near you will show you the way.

Here's a few pics from trip last year

Micah

Attached Files:

8. Overkil

Overkil New Member

State:
    Arizona
    We use big spoons for the silvers, trolling...heading back up in four weeks..Raspberry Island (near kodiak). My dad, BIL, and I go up every august. I caught the halibut in my avatar last august - 103 lbs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Mark R.

Mark R. New Member

State:
    Rush Springs, OK
    I'm going to Port Alsworth on a drop camp hunt.
    Started out as a caribou hunt then AK fish and game shortened up the season in that area since the plane tickets were already purchased we decided to bear hunt and fish instead.
    The outfitter left word that we needed to bring rods with 6# and 20# line.
    I figured I would stock up on tackle in Anchorage.
    Shipped all my gear last week Priority Mail, just checked online and everything but my poles were there on Monday.
    So I guess we will see what we got into when we get there.

10. chaz9071

chaz9071 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Best of luck out there.

That is definitely a dream trip that I'd like to make in my lifetime. My father-in-law went a few years back and caught some awesome halibut.

Hope your gear makes it alright.

11. Ardiva

Ardiva New Member

State:
    Kenai, AK
  12. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    If anyone wants to see the pics from my Alaska fishing trip you can check them out at The Member Fishing Reports

Micah