Alan Warren TV SHOW JUGGING FOR CATS

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by CKT, Aug 15, 2008.

1. CKT

CKT Member

State:
    Winston-Salem,NC
    Just wondering if anyone else seen Alan warren outdoors and saw the jug fishing show he done in central texas at lake Buchannan?they kept everthing they caught and advertised that it was a good lake to jug fish. he was showing a channel cat and said there was a shortage of them in that lake. Wonder why?:confused2:

2. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    Texas has a limit of 25 blues and channels combined with a minimum 12 inch lenght. How many did they keep?

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/fishboat/fish/recreational/lakes/buchanan/

Catfish anglers can find channel, blue, and flathead catfish throughout the reservoir, with blues dominating the fishery. Stinkbaits and cutbaits work well for the blues and channel cats, while live bait is preferred by large flathead catfish.

(Notice it says Blues dominate the catfishery in the lake.)

Stocking History-
    http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/fishboat/fish/action/stock_bywater.php?WB_code=0118

Catfish, Blue - 1990 - 235,378 - Fingerling
    Catfish, Blue - 1989 - 230,662 - Fingerling
    Catfish, Channel - 1969 - 61,410

3. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Most fishing shows view catching catfish as "fun for kids", but not something a serious fisherman would do. Kinda like the hunting shows and shooting does; they like to have the kids do that and save the monster bucks for the men folk.

4. Sunday Money

Sunday Money New Member

State:
    north carolina

Alan Warren is the biggest fake outdoorsmen on TV. Ok the man may enjoy being outdoors but most the time i get dumber from watching his shows. Everytime i see him, he's hunting in a fenced in place, and still shooting the smaller deer. Plus he annoys me how he talks to the camera. Alan warren wouldnt make a pimpel on a juggers...........

5. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Did I see a fellow jugger just put down another fellow jugger?:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

6. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    Happened to see him one time and he is one super horses butt. Bragged and
    carried on something terrible. I never watch him.

7. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Anyone ever hear of slander or liable suits?:confused2: A person can think whatever they think, but whats said about folks when they have been called by name can end up gettin real stinky. Just for the record however, i don't care for his show either.:smile2:

8. Sunday Money

Sunday Money New Member

State:
    north carolina
    I'm probably just jealous because I dont have my own TV show I aint gonna lie. But seriously, if you ever watch Allan Warren on TV, watch how he moves his hands and talks to the camera. It kills me!!!!! Like I said earlier, he hunts Paradise hunt club, I think its possibly in Ohio, not sure on that, but its full of huge deer. He still shoots smaller ones sometimes and makes me lose all respect for him. Hunting in high fences is gonna have to have one heck of a reason before I have respect for them as well. So I'm saying as annoying as Allan Warren is, and since his hunts are in high fences, he prolly is juggin in a damn under water basket. Anybody go for that? Me neither, but I wouldnt be surprised. Not hating a jugger, but just not impressed with Allan Warren thats all. LOL........

9. cobra

cobra New Member

State:
    north carolina
    to be a jugger you gotta act like a jugger, alan warren is making a tv show and he will do anything to have people watch it, just like all the tv guys they make a living off us hayseeds out here in lala land.

to be a jugger takes the attitude that i love what i am doing and i don't care what the rest do or has to say about the way i enjoy fishing, i went the way of bass fishing and fished some big BASS tournments in the past, people that know me knew how i was about that you could not tell me anything i knew it all.
    i fished catfish tournments and discovered the people were the same as bass fisherman, that is why i laid down the rr, and picked up my jugs so i could enjoy fishing for a change, my wife even likes jug fishing because she gets to sit on our toon at night with her headlite on reading her books.
    like i said jugger must be like a duck in a rain storm, just let it roll off your backs and sooner or later the rain will stop and you didn't get wet

JUGGERS RULE THE CATFISH WORLD
    cobra:wink:

10. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I make my living filming TV shows like his. One thing I have learned is that you will not please everyone with the content of your show. To make it, and sell enough ads, you have to appeal to a wide enough range of folks to produce some numbers.

The other thing you have to do is have some "screen appeal." Whether that be controversial and mouthy like Tred Barta, or sexy as a swimsuit model like Tiffany Lakosky, you hvae to have something that makes people watch whether they like your or not.

Alan provides decent content, but he has risen about as high as he will go. In other words, be glad you see a couple of jugging segments on Versus or the Outdoor Channel, becasue it will never happen on ESPN.

11. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Sorry, but I can't put a man down for shooting the smaller deer, then tell someone he/she should keep the smaller catfish and turn the big ones loose. Now, if he goes to bragging about what a great trophy his little deer is, that's a different matter. But it seems to me that if I'm hunting for the freezer, shooting the smaller deer and letting the big ones alone is the best way to go. That was my feelings when I was stationed in Montana and doing a lot of deer hunting, and I still feel that way, even though I don't deer hunt any more. Also, I made sure I did most of my hunting out in the boonies where tags were good for either buck or doe, and shot a lot of does; or, targeted whitetails, which generally carried the same limits closer to town as the mulies did out in the sticks.

12. Sunday Money

Sunday Money New Member

State:
    north carolina
    If your gonna shoot something small it better be a doe. Shooting little bucks youll never have the big bucks to show up. Peoples motto around here is, "well if i dont shoot him someone else will." Maybe thats why North Carolina has such small deer. Wylie you dont see many R&R boys catching cats on TV either. If they arent bass fishing, theyre crappie, or walleye fishing. You wont see catfish nothing on ESPN haus. Aint got nothing to do with the juggers. I'm sure thats not what you meant though since your on our side. :smile2:

13. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I don't know how it is now, but when I was stationed in Montana, hardly anyone wanted to shoot a whitetail; everyone was after the mule deer. Whitetails were disliked almost as much as rabbits; and rabbits were considered to be such pests that it was legal to shoot them with a spotlight at night, with no limit whatsoever. Some areas allowed extra tags valid for whitetails only. There's a somewhat similar situation here in Arkansas with channel catfish. Most (not all) people target blue cats or flatheads. If a decent channel gets on the line, that's OK, but they don't really specifically try to catch channels. Because of that, there are so many small channel cats in the Arkansas River that the Fish & Game allows an additional limit of 10 channel cats under 16" in length; only on the Arkansas River. But on Lake Chicot and one or two other lakes, they've completely removed the limit on channel cats.