Alan henry turning on.

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by mmccalli, Apr 23, 2008.

1. mmccalli

mmccalli New Member

State:
    Texas
    Went to Alan Henry yesterday. Fish about an hour. Caught 6 channels up river. Caught a 9lb....was just expecting to catch some 14 inchers. Great suprise.

2. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i have heard that lake has an untapped cat fishery for flats, blues, and channels.

3. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Congradulations on your fish glad to hear you had fun and had a successful trip sounds like you caguht some good cats.

4. mmccalli

mmccalli New Member

State:
    Texas
    Yeah I have seen some reports and pictures over the past few days of some good fish and a lot of fish. I am heading out there tonight. Lots of water pouring in from the rains so prolly jugs, rods lines...etc.

5. wcgordy

wcgordy New Member

State:
    Texas
    I was thinking of going Saturday. What did you use for bait?

6. mmccalli

mmccalli New Member

State:
    Texas
    I used blood Danny Kings about 6 foot of water. Also got me a 30lb flat out there today with the girl friend helping me run the line. :big_smile:

7. wcgordy

wcgordy New Member

State:
    Texas
    Thanks for the info. I have never really tried Alan Henry for cats. I have been fishing Fort Phantom near Abilene. Good catches of eating size blues and channels. Lots of hybrid stripers, which is always a welcome suprise.:big_smile: Thanks

8. Tugboat

Tugboat New Member

State:
    Texas
    Alright way to go. :crazy: Yep sounds like a fishing trip real soon for me too. Keep bringing them in, and let us know how you do.:wink:

9. colten

colten Member

State:
    Texas
    Way to go. I love to eat some catfish.:wink:

10. Mike Sebranek

Mike Sebranek New Member

State:
    Texas
    Were you on a boat? I have been wondering how the fishing is there. I live in lubbock and am planning to go. I might even try for the $40,000 fish! :eek:oooh:

11. wcgordy

wcgordy New Member

State:
    Texas
    What 40,000 dollar fish? I'm in Lubbock also. I am fixing a 12' v-hull jon. Looking to take it to Alan Henry soon. I have tried fishing there from the bank, but it is difficult. Lots of trees in the water. Might go tomorrow-depends on the weather (WIND)!:confused2:

12. Mike Sebranek

Mike Sebranek New Member

State:
    Texas
    There has been a contest to catch a bass that is more then 18.18 lbs. There was a fishing contest 2-3 weeks ago there. I think I heard the prize was still in effect, as no one caught it. And this wind is killing me. I have had the last 3 days off. I tried yesterday... no luck.

13. wcgordy

wcgordy New Member

State:
    Texas
    That would be a nice prize. Have not heard about it. I would rather catch cats than a bass. Too much competition at Alan Henry (All the Bass boats) on the weekends. The wind is supposed to blow tomorrow. (10-25) Seems like it is everytime I want to go fishing, so I understand your ordeal.

14. mmccalli

mmccalli New Member

State:
    Texas
    Yeah i fish in a boat. The lake is tough sometimes fishing without a boat. I have caught fish fishing off the bank, but it is not the same.

15. mmccalli

mmccalli New Member

State:
    Texas

Yeah I guess it is worth a try. Pretty sure though its not gonna happen. I have seen some bass up, and have a friend who found a 12 last week...buuuttt 18.18 would be amazing. But man if you get it post on here cuz I don't care who catches it that would be awesome.

16. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like some good fishing, great job and good luck in the future.

17. Mike Sebranek

Mike Sebranek New Member

State:
    Texas

Yeah, but the trying is the best part! However, I do not have a boat :sad2:so I agree, it's probably not going to happen. But I can't win if I don't play. :wink:

18. mmccalli

mmccalli New Member

State:
    Texas
    If you fish off of the bank I would try fishing the area up the river of the ramp. There are a lot of good fish that come up in that cove that is just on your left if you just went past that rock bouy heading up river. I would fan cast those trees over there if you can't sight fish'em