Alamo River 7/31-8/3

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA RIVERS TALK' started by mangles, Aug 4, 2009.

1. mangles

mangles New Member

State:
    california
    Its been a while since I have posted on my fishing results, but here it goes. I left Yucaipa friday afternoon about 1 headed for the IV to do some fishing with my friend Sorin on friday and Todd on Sat night. Picked up Sorin a little after 4pm and we were off to catch bait. I stopped off at the big bait honey hole and it didn't dissapoint. We had over 20 6+ inch bait and then off to my trailer to get some chairs and to get the A/C going. After that we headed down to another bait spot to catch some smaller bait 2-5 inches, and then back to the trailer for some grub. The first spot I hit on the Alamo was down by weist lake. It wasn't two minutes from putting my first rod in the water and I hooked about a three pounder. We stayed there for a few hours catching one more fish around 6 #s and then it was off to a different spot near highway 111. We got there and within 20 minutes got our first run, but missed. We had 6 run all together and landed 3 fish to 14 #s. We called it a night when the sun came up and it was off to shoot some tasty cottontails. We hunted till about 8AM and shot three rabbits(Sorin shot them as I havent purchased my new license yet) After the hunt we went back to camp, cleaned our fish and bunnies and back to the trailer for some sleep. Woke up, took Sorin home and headed to Westmorland to pick up Todd and to get some tasty tacos off main st and hwy 86. Picked up Todd and we headed to a new spot that I haven't fished before. It was a drop near ramer lake and set up for the night. The first run was 25 minutes in and turned out to be a 11 #r. I got another run shortly after and missed. around 12 i got a run and landed a 7 #r. Todd, still not having a run yet got on around 2 and landed a 5 #r. Around 430 Todd hooked up to a good fish, but it came unbuttoned about 5 feet from shore. He had one more run before we called it a night, but the fish pulled him in to a snag and he had to break off his 65# test. Took Todd home and called it a night for some much needed sleep. On Sunday night I was fishing by my self, I started by weist lake and had two runs and landed about a five pounder. Being out there by my self I decided to work my way twards camp cause it was getting spooky out and I had a truck pull up at the first spot and kind of gave me the creeps so I headed to a spot near the twin falls. I tossed out a bait and got hit within a few minutes and pulled in a 2lber. I fish there for around an hour without anymore runs and being so dark out I headed out and went and fished the bridge near red hill marina. Started out there around 1am and fish until 5am with no bites it gets to be a chore keeping your eyes open so I called it a night and went back to the A/C in the trailer for some much needed rest. All in all wasn't a bad trip, caught 5 fish to 14lbs on friday, three with Todd on Sat and the two fish Sun. Be heading out again this weekend with my dad to give the old flathead hunt a try again.

2. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    Thanks for the report. Keep fishing like that and you'll get that 40lber! Good stuff and keep them reports coming.:wink:

3. team760

team760 New Member

State:
    california
    chad...had a great time on saturday....beat the skunk....let me know when you are out again...TODD

4. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Nice fellas. Looks like the event comin up will go well with some flats.

B

5. desertcatrat

desertcatrat New Member

State:
    Palm Springs,a.
    fyi, the catrat and mangles are teamin up for the expedition, watch out
    bring your popcorn as t.o. would say LOL

6. mangles

mangles New Member

State:
    california
    We just need to get that big one to bite and its on