Alabamacatman and a HillJack

Discussion in 'GEORGIA RIVERS TALK' started by brother hilljack, Sep 15, 2009.

1. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Hit the water with the Alabamacatman this morning and made a decent day of fishing. Arrived at Uchee creek around 0600 and caught some fresh bait and then headed out on our fishing adventure.

Fished a log jam for the first hour or so and pulled one small blue out of it. Had some real nice runs, but no hookset. I am pretty sure we were getting hit by gar.

Next hole is what I consider one of my money holes so I knew we would catch some nice ones. All we caught was some mosquitos biting on us! So we move farther down the river and were finally able to get a big cat in the boat. The bigger of the two pictured is right around 16 pounds and it hit on a piece of cut sucker. We caught several more smaller fish out of the hole before moving on to some other promising water. Fished a coulple of new holes to no avail and then started to back track before catching the 13 pounder.

Great day on the water with a BOC brother and member of the Chattahoochee HIllJacks! Thanks Jody, I really enjoyed the trip.

Attached Files:

2. catfish1083

catfish1083 New Member

State:
    georgia
    sounds like a good time. where do you get suckers?

3. catmanoneufala

catmanoneufala New Member

State:
    seale,alabama
    yea that is a good question...where in the world did you get sucker from

4. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    We had one from the chattahoochee river

5. catfish1083

catfish1083 New Member

State:
    georgia
    yeah i am out of all bait including bream and my cast net got ripped to shreds by a rod holder so shad is out for the moment :sad2:

6. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Bream seem easy enough to get right now and of course there is always the fish market

7. catfish1083

catfish1083 New Member

State:
    georgia
    i hear ya. i will be trying to get some bream as soon as the clouds brake

8. redbone

redbone New Member

State:
    smiths sta
    Shane,

I am glad that your trip with Jody was a success.Glad you both had a great time. And I would like to say thank you for helping me teach him how to catfish. He has come a LONG WAY !!:wink:

I could not miss this oportunity to get a jab in !!!:smile2::smile2::smile2:

9. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I am sure that Alabamacatman will be chiming in soon to defend himself!

10. redbone

redbone New Member

State:
    smiths sta
    he know I SPEAK THE TRUTH !!

11. Alabamacatman

Alabamacatman New Member

State:
    Phenix city,Ala
    hmmm I 'm back..lol and i just noticed this thread..lol I'm gald mine and Shane's Stories match because I posted one somewhere on here just a few mins ago..lol... And For You Redbone ..well you got to get them jabs in when you can... But I did have a great time...I must say it felt different going to my home turf in someone else's boat.. I felt like a King... Thanks Shane I got the next Trip

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  12. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like a great plan Jody! Had a great time and I am glad the trip did not disappoint