Alabama River - What's the latest?

Discussion in 'ALABAMA RIVER TALK' started by Mike81, Nov 3, 2007.

1. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Anyone been catchin cats on the river lately?? I am gonna hit her this weekend. Just wondering if anyones been out and if night is still best or with the cooler weather daytime would be better? Think I'll go out mid day Sunday, catch bait and fish all night until mid morning monday.

mike

2. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I'll be out mid day tomorrow and fish all night until monday morning. Hope I can round a few up... I'll report back monday or tues...:tounge_out:

mike

3. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Didn't make it out Sunday....I saw how windy it was out and didn't feel like fighting the wind by myself...so i opted to be lazy and watch football and nascar...:big_smile:
    Any hoot, headed out this morning at 0500, whew it was foggy. Got several bites but only managed one small channel all morning. I went chasin shad later in the morning and caught about 20 on a throw but I gotta find some bigger shad. All I ever seem to net is the little 2 or 3 inchers. I see bigger one's dead sometimes or injured wish i could get a net full of them. Well I'll try again later in the week...

4. chillywater

chillywater New Member

State:
    alabama
    mike,

ran a line friday night and sat. down around bill d creek. caught a few nice ones and was fighting with one looked tom be around twenty pounds when he straighten my trotline hook.

got up that sat. morning and road the boat up too the double bridges on the other side of the railroad bridge close to pratville. caught a couple of nice cats off of cut shad and suid there. all in all the bit was a bit slow but fun none the less.

5. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Cool, at least you had some luck it sounds like. Have you been able to catch any big shad or or you using the small ones too?? Where is that bill d creek?

mike

6. chillywater

chillywater New Member

State:
    alabama
    mike,

bought my shad at the bait store, they were about the size of two fingers.
    as far as bill d creek, if you are going south on the river and pass the mouth of tallawassee (sp) creek and keep going a couple more miles you will see the mouth of bill d tom the right.
    there is a small floating pier on the right hand bank with a house with a red tin roof. this is my folks place.

the watter here runs from 8 down the 45 feet, good fishing.

7. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Don't think I ever been down that far? Farthes I went down so far is by Nolan creek I think it is, is it far past that? You gonna be out this weekend?

8. chillywater

chillywater New Member

State:
    alabama
    i am not sure where that is, i will have to look at the map.
    as for this weekend i will be down at the conecha river in river falls alabama for our anual vet. day campout. i am taking a group of folks and there kids, some of who this will be their first camping trip.
    hope to catch few fish and kill a squirl or two.

9. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Going south from catoma it's about a mile I'd say. that is as far as I've been downstream.
    Maybe this weekend I'll take a run down further to see what's there. But I have a spot I want to try at night...I have fished it a couple of times during the day but never hooked up there yet. But there has to be some big cats there...it's a real nice hole, I can anchor in about 15' of water and cast to 40-50'.....

Good luck on your camping trip. let me know if you ever want to meet up sometime and cast a few lines...

mike

10. chillywater

chillywater New Member

State:
    alabama
    sounds good. i will not be out for a while b/c of all the upcoming holiday events.
    any luck thtis weekend?

11. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Just let me know sometime when your out... I didn't get out...I had the boat loaded and hooked up to the truck and was waiting on one of the kids that said he was gonna go with me... but he never did show up.
    Teenagers have "other" priorities ya know..:roll_eyes:

12. wigginsdano59

wigginsdano59 New Member

State:
    alabama
    conecuh river?:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes: chilly water how was your trip to river falls? I live in andalusia and try to fish the conecuh as often as possible.

13. wigginsdano59

wigginsdano59 New Member

State:
    alabama
    conecuh river:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:chilly water how did you do? i live nearby and fish there often

14. chillywater

chillywater New Member

State:
    alabama
    i live in montgomery about 1.5 hrs from the conecha. with the water as low as it was we did not fish, the kids opted for looking for shark teeth and other treasure behind the point a dam.