Alabama River Fishing

Discussion in 'ALABAMA RIVER TALK' started by dcaruthers, May 11, 2006.

1. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Hi all. I'm new to the site...been catfishing for about 30 years. I wanted to see if any of you fish the Alabama river near Montgomery?

2. BamaCats

BamaCats Member

State:
    Alabama
    never fished around Montgomery always went down to Millers Ferry in Camdem or to Whitehall in Lowndes County. i live down in Luverne about an hour south of Montgomery, maybe we can hook up some time and do some fishing around Montgomery

3. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I would love to hook up. I'm Air Force stationed at Montgomery. I live in Prattville, but am origionally from the Guntersville Area. I have still haven't found anything to match Guntersville lake. I just bought a used Skeeter and will have it water ready by next week. I am excited as hell about flathead fishing the Alabama...can't wait.

4. BamaCats

BamaCats Member

State:
    Alabama
    sounds like a winner to me, if i am not mistaken there is a boat ramp over by th train shed. you can check it out to make sure but just drop me a pm or send me an email would be honored to fish with another BOC brother.

5. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I added you to my buddy list. When I have the boat ready, I'll give you a holler.

6. BamaCats

BamaCats Member

State:
    Alabama
    will do bro , all i have to do is get a babysitter for the kids and head up that way. lok forward to hearing from you. i am gonna try adn get a gathering together for next year somewhere up on the Alabama, just keep an eye out.

7. catfishdaddyengineering

catfishdaddyengineering New Member

State:
    Alabama
    David,
    Hey, I live in Millbrook. The only places that I have fished are from the banks at the dams: Bouldin, Jordan, Martin. Have not caught a lot, but I don't have a boat to get to the good places. If you have a boat, getting close to the bottom side of the dams is the best best. You can get to really close to Lake Martin and Mitchell dams. Big cats caught there from what I hear. Maybe we could get together and split the costs. I have a truck to pull the boat if need be.

Cleve,
    I talked to Martin West a while back and he said you were a sorry, good for nothing HEHEHEHEHE. Just kidding!!! You know even if Martin thought that of you, he would never speak bad about anybody. But he did say you were a good feller. Hope to meet up someday.

Arthur

8. BamaCats

BamaCats Member

State:
    Alabama
    hey catfishdaddy let me know when you are ready to hook up i am rteady to go. they are really tearing them up here in Luverne. The Lake down here is turning out some nice Channels. ready to go out on the Alabama and try them big boys. maybe we can get that gathering for next year all planned out adn set up.

9. catfishdaddyengineering

State:
    Alabama
    Hey,
    I've got my first batch of worms on my trees. I had a whole ton of them, but the birds got a few today. There are more eggs on them, though! Keep your fingers crossed.

Arthur

10. BhamRoadrunner

BhamRoadrunner New Member

State:
    Alabama
    If anyone's cruising the warrior up from howton's (howten's?) this weekend, I'll be doing some "improvements" to my favorite spot this weekend about 15 minutes up river. Wave at me. :cool2:

11. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Sorry it took me so long to reply...been fishing. I have had a bit of luck...caught the 30lb channel you see by my name. I also caught a 27lb blue and a 42 lb Paddle Fish (all 3 from Cooter's Pond).

We fished Lay Lake Saturday night and filled the boat. I caught 23 3-8 pounders on noodles and caught several 20lb plus on reel and rod. Lay Lake is the bomb. My freezer is almost full, so I think I will start hunting those elusive flatheads.

Arther,

Thanks for the reply. I'd like to go with someone more familiar with the area. If your interested, give me a call at 717-9597.

David

12. lock3pimp

lock3pimp New Member

State:
    Florida
    Sitting here in Florida thinking about the Demopolis Lock and Dam. This time of year has some really big blues. They've got em' over a 100 pounds out there. Me and my pops used to go out there all day and catch fish and drink beer. If you want to catch a hog, go to D-town during the later part of June through August. Use live shiners or shad. You can also use some 3/4 oune white jig head and tails and pull out some decent stripes.

13. catfishdaddyengineering

State:
    Alabama
    David,
    I am sorry that this is so late. I have been working my tail off. I tried to reply to your PM, but this crazy site makes you have at least ten posts to reply to PMs, look at pictures, etc. I will try to get up with you next week. I am going to MS to see my parents this weekend.
    Hey if you have kids, the Alabama Wildlife Federation is having a fishing rodeo for kids on Aug. 5. Look on their website www.alabamawildlife.org for details.

Thanks,
    Arthur

14. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Arthur,

Thanks for the reply. Look forward to hearing from you. I do have kids but they are older and outfishing me now.

15. catfishdaddyengineering

State:
    Alabama
    David,
    I am not going to be able to get up with you this weekend. Our dishwasher is going out, so I have to install a new one.
    I don't know if they are biting anyway. I went fishing at my Mom and Dad's pond this past weekend and caught nothing but little bait getters. Not even one good tug.

Arthur

16. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Arthur,

Just PM me when your ready. Are you going to be aboe to go to th eAlabama Gathering Bamacats is putting together?

17. bigmic900

bigmic900 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS