Alabama fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL ALABAMA TALK' started by bud_rabon, May 7, 2006.

1. bud_rabon

bud_rabon New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Would like to here how everybody fishing is doing here in alabama.

2. BhamRoadrunner

BhamRoadrunner New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I was doing pretty good on saturday. Only one keeper catfish, however the stripes are hitting the minnows VERY hard and the Largemouth weren't bad either on the minnows. I'll definitely be going back down to the warrior again soon.

3. swampfox

swampfox New Member

State:
    alabama
    caught 2 small channel cats at lock 15 and did pretty well on the bream last week. No action yet at my local lake for channel cat. I'm just getting cranked up for the catfishing.

4. BamaCats

BamaCats Member

State:
    Alabama
    the local county lake here in Luverne is doing good on channel cat. i am going this weekend and try to catch a good mess of them. Look forward to hearing how all my other alabama folks are doing this year.

5. BamaCats

BamaCats Member

State:
    Alabama
    ok guys this may not be the right place for this but here goes, i am trying once again to get a gathering together here in alabama. now all you bama guys and girls throw your suggestions in the hat for next year. I am partial ti teh Alabama river but if any of you guys have any other suggestions throw them in there. just remember we need a place that is gonna be handicap accesible by bank and an easy boat ramp to launch from. my best places have been down in Millers Ferry in Camdem or in Whitehall in Lowdnes County, so come on everyone lets get this thing started and see if we can make this an annual thing. good fishing guys

6. bud_rabon

bud_rabon New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Crappie and blue gill was bitting good this weekend. Didn't have much luck with the cats. Miller Ferry is a place for a meeting but never caught many fish there

7. bud_rabon

bud_rabon New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Crappie and blue gill was bitting good this weekend. Didn't have much luck with the cats. Miller Ferry is a good place for a meeting but never caught many fish there.

8. Chestdeep

Chestdeep New Member

State:
    Jackson County Alabama
    I can't seem to find the fish right now,,three weeks ago I had a basket full now I can't get a hit.

9. BamaCats

BamaCats Member

State:
    Alabama
  10. BamaCats

BamaCats Member

State:
    Alabama
    I am gonna try and go down to Roland Cooper July 4th and do a little catfishing and spend time with the family. will let everyone know how it goes. I will also check on how much it will be for a gathering to be held down there while io am down there.

11. paleocaver

paleocaver New Member

State:
    USA
    It's been slow but still can get a mess each time out with patience. Nothing really to brag about except for a 15-pounder on medium spinning gear a couple of weeks ago. 8 pound line, no less.