Alabama catfishermen need your help!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL ALABAMA TALK' started by KatKaller, Jan 31, 2008.

1. KatKaller

KatKaller New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Brothers of the BOC

In years past the catfishing on the Tennessee River has been fantastic, but its starting to change. In the last few years commercial catfishermen, mostly from out of state, have moved in and are targeting only the largest catfish our waters have to offer selling to "trophy pay ponds" up north in places like Ohio, Indiana, etc. Many of these guys are literally taking tons (as in 2000lbs) of large catfish every week from our waters. It takes decades to grow 30+lb fish, DECADES! I am asking for your support. Catfishermen around the country are pulling together to get this stopped in Alabama and other states. As of right now we are planning a trip to Montgomery, AL to stand before the Conservation Advisory Board and make our case for regulations on trophy catfish. For those of you who are concerned about the well being of the "old school" commercial catfishmen, don't be. They're interest is only in the 1-5lb catfish market, this will in no way affect them. Please take time to read and sign the petition. Please forward this on to anyone you might feel would be concerned, we need as many names as we can get before the first meeting.

AND YES I AM THE AUTHOR so fear not.

http://www.petitiononline.com/cathelp/petition.html

Thank you,

Allen Neuschwander

2. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Allen, I am not from Alabama but I did sign the petition already. One of my friends in Guntersville told me he saw a commercial fisherman from Ohio loading up his truck with the big cats. My friend said he had a LOT of nets out there. Since Tennessee has the 34 inch law, they have moved on to Alabama. We wish you guys all the best in the world buddy.

3. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Allen i am also not from AL. but i signed something has got to be done to stop these a$$holes from destroying our resources.:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

4. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Not from Alabama either, but i did sign ur petition. Afterall, they will keep moving around from state to state. Who knows where they'll be next???

5. KatKaller

KatKaller New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Thanks guys for all your signatures. It doen't matter if your from AL one bit as long as you support its context.

Fish you are right they have been hauling them out by the truck load the past 3 years. This year was the worst:sad2:

6. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Allen I to signed Your Petition and I am from Iowa and I Believe this Needs to STOP to save the Trophy Cats from being sold for Profit.Go Get Um Son!!!!! Your BOC Brother,J.D.

7. koakley1

koakley1 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Thanks for the link, I signed the petition.

8. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I'm signed on. Keep up the good work and let us know how it goes.