AK47 - SKS -AR15 -assault rifle discussion

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by zeboman, Mar 5, 2008.

1. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Anyone own one of these assault rifles?

2. Jerry60k

Jerry60k Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    Not anymore but hope to again soon.I sure miss being able to buy SKS for 69 bucks a pop.Of course now that the laws on collapsable stocks and such has lapsed I sure wish I still had a couple.

Used to have a tec-9 also fun as heck to shoot.

3. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I don't own assault rifles. All of mine are for defense or hunting. I don't like to give the "anti's" any fuel.

4. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Yeah i used to have 2 SKSs i love those things,i sold one old one i had but i still have the other one.It has all the bells and whistles on it,dragnov stock, muzzle break, 30 round mag,scope.Its a little heavy with all that so im thinking of changing things around a bit.I took my first deer with an sks.

5. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    It would be nice to buy a AR15 but in California it is illeagal to own assult rifles.

Jaime

6. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Guess the government there doesn't take too kindly to owning them for defense either!

7. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Love to rock an roll with my lil ole sks ,Just plain fun shootin . I'd rather have an AK but them things are high dollar these days and I dont know how anybody could afford an ar15 1000 bucks,no way I'm shellin out that kinda money on any kind of rifle.

8. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Right now I have a SKS, and a Ruger Mini 14. The SKS has a Tapco tactical stock, muzzle brake, and a 30 round magazine. It isn't super accurate, but it looks cool, and it's a blast to shoot.
    The Mini 14 is stock, I just have a 30 round clip on it also. It's pretty accurate and is a blast to shoot also.
    I used to have a AR-15. It was the Colt super match. I bought it at a dealer for $1000, and then sold it two weeks later at a gun show for $1200. I wish I still had that one, even though I don't shoot any of them too much anymore. I've got some neighbors that just moved in from the city, and the last time I had the SKS out, the cops showed up, nieghbors called in and said someone had a fully auto firearm. Talk about a pain in the arse. Can't even enjoy shooting on your own property anymore.:confused2:

9. whodaman

whodaman New Member

State:
    Des Moines Iowa
    i was watching shooting usa the other day and the ar15 is the most popular rifle in the us today and the most selling rifle i would love to have one but if i cant get one for 300 or alittle more i really dont want to spend 1000 to 1500 on a rifle

10. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    I think the law in California states u can only own it if u had it registered before a certain date that the law went into effect, hence all the guys who bought up the 50cals....

11. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i dont own any of them. i shoot and M-16A2 enough and i get tired of it. all of the rifles i have are all bolt action. i dont need anything more than that. 1 shot, 1 kill. thats all i ever need.

12. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hmm, I thought for sure if own one, the owner had to surrender the assult weapond to Law Enforcement.

Jaime

13. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    I use to have two sks's Man they both were very fun to shoot
    1 was a chinese, and the other was a russian. If I had to pick one it would be the chinese. it was easier to deal with and more accurate.
    For some reason I couldnt get the standard mag off the russian one.
    but the chinese popped off with no problem.
    only problem I had with it was after about 16 to 20 shots it jam up on me.
    all and all would love to own another.

this was years ago, but I bought one at a gun show for $100
    30 rd mag $20 , ammo 25 per box at $4.00 a box

would love to have them days back

14. catmando2

catmando2 New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I have an AR-15 HBAR competition match model in 223 caliber with a 12/24 scope that I use for target practice and to shoot crows out of the garden. I love it and it is extremely accurate. I paid over 1000 dollars at a gun show to get this model and another 250 for the scope. I can see nothing wrong with owning an assault rifle if they are used for good and not evil.

15. Philiagorillia

Philiagorillia New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I've had a handful of all 3 of them. I hate the sks's, all of the Ak's i have had were preban Norincos except for one that was a post ban yugo made model but it still worked fine. As for the AR's i've had a colt, dpms and rock river arms, i'd have to say the rock river arms was the best out of the three with the dpms a very close second. The cheapest to shoot and plink with was the AK, but the accuracy wasnt to swell past 100yds....

16. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i have two SKS rifles, both yugoslavians. back in the day when the communist bloc countries loaded their own ammo, in the balkans they loaded it the hottest. this is why the yugo is supposedly the most sturdy. i use mine for hogs, deer and coyotes. i also keep one ready to roll at the house, just in case. i have shot the russian and norinco (chinese) as well and honestly have never had a problem with any, i just prefer the yugos.

here's something to consider about not owning an 'assault' rifle to not be a target for the anti's, and i do not mean to offend- owning any firearm, even granddad's single shot shotgun or a hand me down .22 bolt action, will make you a target of the anti gun crowd. the ONLY reason to own any gun is that it's your right given to you in the 2nd ammendment. the more footholds we give the anti's in respect to lawful private gun ownership, it's another goal they accomplish in taking them away. just something to think about.

17. wayne1967

wayne1967 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Here's some of mine.[​IMG]

Attached Files:

18. jeffjbeard

jeffjbeard New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    Been there done that was havin fun filling a barrel full of holes and you know who drove up.

19. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    I have had a mini 14 for years, 25 at least it is a great farm tool.:smile2:

20. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I bought an SKS Chinese in 2001. I bought it for one reason only. In my part of the world I am at close quarters or a shot over a 150 yards would be long. It does extremely well at 100 yards. I run a thirty shot clip on it. Have run three magazines thru it in succession and no problems. I don't use it to shoot rabbits in Ma's garden. It is as I say going to be used for one purpose should that day ever arrive

I get it out 2-3 times a year and run about 20 rounds through it, kiss it and put it away. Holds it's group in all weather. Reload my question for you or whoever is knowledgeable. When I bought that weapon, I purchased over a 1000 rounds. Going through my munitions boxes I began to wonder what the shelf life of those rounds were. They are Russian and have given me no problem. Should I put a lot of eggs on a fence some place and use 'em up or will they be good to go for how long?