air shotgun - Has anybody looked at or fired the GAMO air shotgun?

Discussion in 'Small Game Hunting' started by mudkip, Nov 6, 2008.

1. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Has anybody looked at or fired the GAMO air shotgun. I need to clean house on squirrels in my pecan tree but I can't use a firearm to get job done. If this thing does what it says it should be good for head shots at 10 yards, maybe a little more.

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Why not just use a pellet rifle?

3. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
  4. whodaman

whodaman New Member

State:
    Des Moines Iowa
    i would go with a pellet gun

5. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I have a Gamo 440 hunter thats 1000 fps. It will take out a jackrabbit nevermind a squirrel. I use to use a crosman 760 pellet rifle as a kid for squirrel, got the job done no problem.

6. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I still use my 760 works fine . I think I would have even better results with pointed pellets and the scope not as accurate as I would like with bb's but still can head shot them up close .

7. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    I picked up a refurbished Gamo 1200 at Cabela's for like $79. It will shoot 1200 fps with those gold pellets.Seems to get the job done....I got 6 gray squirrels the other day in my backyard.The shotgun looks cool but expensive.I carry the pellet gun when we go catfishin on the river. It dispatched a couple of turtles to a watery grave....seems to be mostly what I catch are reptiles.Kind of fun if you're behind a wing dyke on the missouri you drop a can over the side and try to sink it on the move with the pellet gun before the current carries it away. I had 1 squirrel that was still alive and he was trying to crawl up the side of the fence. I nailed him in the head from about 15 feet away and it went right through his head and stuck in the wood fence.No comparison to my old crossman.

8. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    I went with the Gamo Whisper .177 and it really lays the wood to a grey squirrel

9. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    i use a daisy powerline 901, gets it done, only like 40 bucks from academy, its a pump, but i have gotten over 50 squirrels in mine and my neighbors yards, and the daisy 880 pump works too, only like 29.99.