Ain't NO fish

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Mr Okie, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    There ain't NO fish n the Mississippi river..
    Made the maiden voyage today and didn't catch jack SHITT.
    We launched at MP locks and started out at the first high line crossing nada. Pulled anchor and moved down stream around some of the barges still nada. Moved again down to the end of the last little island just before the second high line nada. Mpved to the second high line then to Hartford channel still nada moved back up stream to the first high line but we moved down stream a few hundred yard and still nada. Got on the water about noon and loaded out around 6:00.
    We where using cut skip jack for bait..

2. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Don't feel bad. I've had plenty of stellar days below Mel Price and I took a whipping there last Saturday too during the daytime. Don't give up!:wink:

3. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    My 1st year I bet I went 10 times. Only had 4 fish to show for it. It's not a fly-in lake in Canada, that's for sure.

4. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Gary and I went out yesterday all day. We ended up with a 36, 15, 15 and a few more rats. We had to work hard for them too. Wasnt the best of bites I'd say.

5. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    I just got back. I put in at columbia bottoms at about 5 this morning and got skunked again. I have been having a hard time getting bait. I think I may try the evening and night bite.

6. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Sounds like my luck on the MO up here in Gasconade county too. :angry:

7. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    IF it helps anybody, we found our fish in FAST water, anywhere from 30-55 feet deep. Fish wouldnt touch Mooneye or Shad, but readily bit cut asian carp. It was a long day, and we missed a couple other nice rips which would have put us over 100 pounds for the day so probably not all that bad really. The fish were scattered out over the course of the day. We didnt hit two fish together on one spot the entire day.

Based on feedback I've been getting, the bite is at night time right now. :wink:

8. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    tx for the info Cuz. I am thinking about trying for some flatheads about three or four in the morning.

9. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    I’m going out tomorrow afternoon from CB… a buddy that’s been laid off for a couple of weeks is wanting to go out for some fillets, so we’re gonna be out there most of the night maybe till sunup… I’ll be trying to help him mend his ways from bass fishing. :smile2: He's a Piedmont boy, heard a tornado touched down there and did $10,000. worth of improvements... so hopefully will be able to help improve his freezer some. :wink:

10. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Go get em Mike. Tight Lines. Let us know how you do. I'll try and keep Kutter away from there, but rumor has it hes campin out at CB. :wink:

11. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Now there was absolutely no evidence to prove it was there. Yes, a lot of messes were cleaned up, but hey, it's possible some out of towner came by an did that. Can't rely on witnesses either, remember how back in the 60's Piedmont had all those UFO sightings?:wink:

My uncle Joe lived down there back then and I remember my father asking him if all that UFO stuff was true or not. My uncle said "Stupidest thing I ever heard, aint no such thing as a UFO. All I know is that when they fly over, my TV goes all haywire!":crazy:

12. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Yeh, he’s been a happy camper all over the area this morning… :eek:oooh: I’ll be closely monitoring the situation looking for that window… :wink: It won’t be boring out there, with Kutter being a happy camper and a fella from Piedmont. :smile2:

13. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    LMAO. I've also noticed a direct correlation between his posting activity and nasty fronts moving through. If'n we ever need to have a nice window for a club activity, I'll have his account frozen so he cant post :smile2::wink:

Tween you and me, I'd much rather fish these overcast weather days, then bluebird skies anyhow. :wink: Did I just say that outloud?

14. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT

ME TOO!!! These rainy overcast days have always been productive for me :big_smile:

15. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Shame on you Rat. EVERYBODY KNOWS fishin is terrrrrribbleeeeee on days like this. :roll_eyes:

Overcast skies = kittens dont hold so tight to there lil lairs and might just find Cuz's baits. Me thinks a call to Ma Blue with "I disease" might be in store. :tounge_out:

16. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    I think you'll be safe, I'd say that 90% of all fishermen are "fare weather" fishermen and just won't venture out into this scary weather! LOL!!!:smile2:
    I mean after all, the chances of getting struck by lightning are the same as winning the lottery! I like those odds! :smile2::smile2::smile2:

17. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    The rain I can handle but when the lighting goes to popping close by I have got to go. :eek:oooh:

18. Fishhead1

Fishhead1 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Eric
    Yep, I was out Friday night as well 6-12, saw a few boats running around. I tried shad, asian carp, goldeye/mooneye, and skipjack... fished from the L&D to the confluence and didn't manage to get 1 real good bite. That's 3 skunks in a row for me, I'm not used to it and I don't like it!!

Heck I was begging for a drum bite. :smile2:

19. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Ya just can't please everybody!:wink:

Ok, for those of you confused, here's the story. Yesterday, I got the boat ready to take out, but it was Linda's Birthday so I left it parked in the driveway. Haven't made up my mind whether to take it out today or not. Thus.............the rain is here, is gone, is here, is gone, etc, etc, etc.. Sorry, as soon as I make up my mind, you will all notice immediately.:wink::crazy:

Cuz, I got a bit of those "eye" problems at work friday. Those vision problems can be rough, huh? Just couldn't "see" myself workin any more that day, so I left.:wink:

20. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Indeed. "I" disease has stricken me today for a lil outing lata. :wink: