Ahquabi and hooper

Discussion in 'IOWA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Ahquabi_Master, May 16, 2006.

1. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    a couple of buddies and me have been fishing ahquabi and hooper nightly. we haven't come home empty handed as a group, but some nights are faster than others. I hear that hooper is better than ahquabi, but one night I caught four 8 pound plus channels out of ahquabi and just haven't been able to hit the spot at hooper. Dnr says hooper is better catfishing, so if anyone knows anything about hooper that I should, help a brother out. thanks.

2. mikeskywalker

mikeskywalker New Member

State:
    IOWA
    if your standing looking at the boat ramp turn left walk about 20 yards cast out with livers thats where i fish all the time for cats......oh throw out a good way not to far though there is a big ass tree around there

3. davesoutfishing

davesoutfishing New Member

State:
    Menominee Michigan
    guys fill out your profile please so we know where your from city an such

4. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    I have fished hooper and ahquabi many times with the "master" of ahquabi, but we have always used shrimp, and were fishing virtually were you recommended. We might be lucky to pull one or two out a night, but nothing real exciting for a group of 4 or more!!!

5. mikeskywalker

mikeskywalker New Member

State:
    IOWA
    dont forget the iowa gathering july 21-23 adel iowa island campground