Ahhhh...those jetskis...Man Killed

Discussion in 'Boat Safety' started by WylieCat, Jul 9, 2006.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
  2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    That is very sad brother, prayers go out to his family. They are a dangerous thing on the water and alot of people do not respect their power.

3. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Truly a tragic & unfortunate incident. Not the first, won't be the last.

4. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    That is sad. Jet skis are very fast and very menuverable, can turn on a dime at full speed. They are danger city in my book. Relate it to a bunch of people on motorcycles in a hugh parking lot zipping around in all sorts of different directions, sound a little insaine to me!

5. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    that is incredibly sad but if the rider of the jet-ski had a tad bit of responsibility or even common sense that never would have happened....its sad that he wasnt even on the jet-ski but it was what killed him

6. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Truely a sad story I feel for the family.

7. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Tradgec I wonder how long before they have to wear helmits.

8. janton311

janton311 New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Thats terrible, but the way alot of those people ride, I'm suprised it doesn't happen more..

9. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    a good freind of mine died 2 years ago on a jet ski was goin full blast and cut a sharp turn flew off hit the water so hard it detatched his brain from his spinal collum instant death left behind 3 kids and a wife they are not safe IMO and they keep making them faster and faster sad too hear this news about another person

10. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Such a tradgedy, I feel for his family.

11. Cattracker16

Cattracker16 New Member

State:
    Wilton Iowa
    Truely a sad ending to a fun day on the water.

12. paleocaver

paleocaver New Member

State:
    USA
    I witnessed some actions yesterday that left me without hope. A large 25+ foot boat with a large motor was hauling a$$ downriver cutting wide zig-zags for the idoit on a jetski behind him to jump. Besides needlesly disturbing the water (yep it's the weekend in the summer, I know), Alabama laws says you cant jump wakes of a boat traveling the same direction as you. It's that way to prohibit this kind of action. The bad thing is they passed right by a water patrol boat drifting in the channel. I kept waiting for them to hit the lights and take some action. Never did. If law enforcement isn't gonna stop it, then there's not much use in having the laws.:angry:

13. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla New Member

State:
    East Texas
    It's a shame, but it will continue to happen. My prayers go out to his family and friends.

14. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Are thoughts and prayers go out to the families involved.

15. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thats so tragic!! I feel for his family!:sad2: pk powell

16. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Like you said Im surprised it doesnt happen more often.

17. Fishnhuntforever

Fishnhuntforever New Member

State:
    Northern California
    Very trajic hopefully this will have somethng good come out of it like some safety training required or something.

18. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Many of you won't agree with me but because they are dangerous is why some people like them. Humans like danger and the excitment of dealing with it.

19. Gabowman

Gabowman Member

State:
    Georgia
    A sad story. Alot of folks drive the jet skis responsibly but there's always somebody careless on one that gets my attention almost every weekend. Usually it's people nowhere near the legal driving age too. Sad......sad indeed. That young man had his whole life ahead of him too. Prayers to his family.

20. Georgiajack

Georgiajack New Member

State:
    Georgia
    We call them crotch rockets down here. I hate to hear of anyone losing their life like this, or on a four wheeler. The trailing crotch rocket should not have been following directly behind to avoid something like this. Prayers go out to his family. Jack.