Ah yes, the eyes:

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by postbeetle, Nov 23, 2007.

1. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Tanya, "Catscratch Fever" recently had a poem about eyes. Tanya is a sharp cookie.

Made me think. I read most posts or especially those with titles that catch my eye. In reading some of those posts I have found I got carried away with what my eyes saw and didn't take time to let what little brain I got digest what a member had really said. I have gotten burned or burned someone that I should not have. Anymore if I feel compelled to comment I will deliberately wait and come back to that post maybe three times . I have found out because of the nature of this crazy machine we use every day there is really no way to be sure that what you see is what that person meant. Often what I was going to say has changed completely from what I was originally going to say.

How do some of you solve that? Or do you just jump in come He$$ or high water?

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I'm gonna go with my first reaction to what I read and see. The words prompted a specific type of response so I go with it. Pretty much a meat and taters guy. Say whats on your mind and get to the point. Ain't one much for drama. If ya ask a question expect an answer. Sometimes it may not be what ya wanna hear and your response may not be what I wanna hear. Oh well. Get told alot by folks that they can't believe what I said. Followed by they were thinkin the same thing and could'nt say it. I figure once its all out we can sort it out then.

3. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Ya, but George, you like your meat raw. I at least want the blood to have stopped flowing. John.

4. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I'm pretty much do what you do John. The down side to that is sometimes I end up not posting at all, then again maybe that's not so bad. -Jim-

5. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Many's a poor gunner who was told to fire a round over the bow and didn't get the speed right.....always embarrasses the skipper. Two ships passing. Neither one meant harm really. One day yer the tug boat helping things along, the next day yer the frigging Titanic asking yerself who was that iceburg?
    Words don't hurt. Points can stick ya sometimes.
    :embarassed:

6. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    It depends on if I have to go to bathroom or not. LOL
    That was first response. LMAO

Usually by the time I react to a post. Then type my response. Spell check, which every word I spell is miss-spelled, give it a quick re read , change what dont look right ( the whole post LOL ) , get kicked off the internet again , wait on slow connection while going to bathroom again. by then I'm frustrated with the internet, and I end up not posting. LOL.