ah im having trouble.

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by gportsbaseball, Sep 22, 2008.

1. gportsbaseball

gportsbaseball New Member

State:
    ohio - Groveport
    im having trouble finding a rig to use for bottom fishing live bait for flatheads. does anyone have any rigs they could help me out with? give me a description of how its set up, and if you know the name, tell me that to :smile2:. thanks

2. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    i always use carolina riggs with a foot of leader and a small float and clipp the tail fin so the bait dont swim to good

3. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    also hit up patrickgd he is a flat head catcher from the bank he can probally help more

4. catchaser19

catchaser19 New Member

State:
    UTAH
    I would use a carolina rig. How ya put it together is take your line from your rod tip. Then slide a sinker (usually a egg sinker) Onto your line if there is current use a no-roll style, weight would depend on current speed and bait size. After you decide what sinker to use then slide a bead onto your line afterwards (bead optional but helpful) Then tie a sturdy swivel onto your line to hold the sinker off your hook once you tie it on, once the swivel is on then tie on a leader lenghth again depends on current and bait size, usually shorter for bigger and faster and longer for smaller and slower, but many people just kinda wing it till they find what works. Once you have your leader tied on to the bottom loop of the swivel you are now ready for the business end go ahead and tie your hook on and bait up.:wink: Hope this helped

5. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Carolinia style most of the time but not always . I would check the libraty fer different methods and ideas then adapt them to suit your needs.....the best bait is alway a natural bait.....presentation has alot to say fer the bite sometimes:roll_eyes:....Good Luck!

6. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Go to Wild Wolf Products, they are a BOC sponsor and look into getting the Kat Bobber. Rig it up like a slip cork rig with at least 1oz. or more if in current. Make your leader 3 feet long and remember to include that amount when dropping it over or throwing it out. Technically you want the bottom bait to be a 1'-2' off the bottom. Put a two hook rig, 10/0 circle at the top and 7/0 circle at the bottom,with live Bluegill on. secure your pole and maybe put on a seatbelt as well!!!!

7. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Oh, I almost forgot! I think there is a special for BOC members this month.

8. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    I use a sacrifice rig for structure or up against rip rap.
    Mainline to a barrel swivel. Leader for the hook to the same eye of the swivel. On the other eye of the swivel use a lighter line with whatever weight it takes to get it where you want it. If your weights get snagged you can break them off and however long you make the line to the weights is how high up your bait will be.