Aging beef and vegetables in the can.

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by peewee williams, Aug 5, 2008.

1. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I found me a can of "Dinty Moore Beef Stew" in my old camping gear.I looked the can over carefully.No bulges.Now being on a fixed income and food prices going out of sight,things were looking good.Opened the can.Smelled good.Tasted it.Tasted good,but a little metallic taste.Ate it.Been 32 hours,no ill effects.Good meal.The date on the can was 01 11 89.19 years and 7 months old.Not bad.Not bad at all.

Some of the good things in life do have a little age on them,be it Beef Stew or folks.

I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

2. OhioRiverCatfisher

OhioRiverCatfisher New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    WOW, that is a long time...

3. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I think I would have had to pass on that. But I am sure the beef was quite tender.

I try not to eat anything out of a can if I can keep from it. I read an article a few years back, they think Alhemizers is being caused from the metal we eat along with the food, that comes out of cans. Makes sense to me, the metal short circuits your electrical impulses in the nervous system.

4. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    thay also say alumanim soada cans cause it to:crazy:

5. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I keep tellin' people, "It's the water!" All that stuff, including cancer, liver problems, diabetes, etc., it caused by drinking water. Think about it. What does every single person with a serious illness have in common with the others? Drinking water! That's all...nothing else in common, except for breathing air.

6. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    i havent drank beer since 93 but i swear i was healthier back when i was drinkin a case a day :big_smile: :cool2: anyway , there was an old timer around here that only ate what he grew or raised . he had canned mutton that was 45 yrs. old and he said hed eat it. he was a spunky ol devil that hunted deer with us up till he was 90. he had alot u good stories.he died at age 94 didnt suffer or nuthin just died, R.I.P. NEB HASKINS

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Peewee I find the time line amazing. I never would have guessed it would be good. Makes me wish I had bought up more can good before these high price increases.

8. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Now folks,Remember.I have nothing to loose and much to gain if it kills me.:wink:

I am dieing very slow and very hard with no hope of relief except croaking.I really do not know if I would eat some of the things that I do if I thought I had any chance of improving or any chance of relief.I am like a 110 year who takes up sky diving.What is the big deal if the chute does not open?:smile2:

There is fun and humor in everything if you look for it.I have found much to laugh about in a damaged heart,diabetes and cancer with no hope for improvement with treatment.Really,I have far less suffering than many of you reading this going through your treatments and illnesses.I also have no reason for any fears about anything as death will be a improvement.

I really and truly have the world by the tail when I think about it!I do not have to worry about getting sick,dieing or anything else when it comes to my heath.I am already sick and dieing!:smile2:

I consider myself in excellent health.

Also,we all now know that you can keep a can of Dinty Moore Beef Stew this long and safely eat it!Great survival meal.I survived it!

I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee