Afterwork trip...

Discussion in 'Salt Water Fishing' started by C_wernett, Sep 14, 2006.

1. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Buddy of mine found the fish yesterday and hopefully they will still be there today. Going afterwork for shark, bluefish, and redfish. He caught two bullies yesterday, one in the 80lb range and one that was 5-6' long that he just got into the sand then popped it off to keep from having to handle it by himself. Using fresh caught bluefish for bait.

I'll be back tonight or tomorrow to let you all know how we do!

2. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Good Luck Brother,be Careful,lol

3. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I would enjoy seeing pictures. A fish thats 5 foot 6 inches,all I can say is WOW!!------------pk powell:big_smile:

4. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    go get em man!!! hope you catch a bigun

5. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Well, we didn't do bad, but nothing to show pictures of. We hung two that broke off, and had a couple of baits get bit in half. Other than a couple of bluefish we caught on metal and a couple of pinfish it was pretty slow. Saw plenty of dolphins coming up passed us, which was neat. We didn't get hit untill I hit a pod of mullet and caught a dozen 12". Seems that that was the way to go, but we then ran out of light.

Better luck next time I guess!!!

6. thomcat

thomcat New Member

State:
    pennsylvania 17745
    cool man,, cant wait to c how you guys did,,,,,,, good luck

7. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I have some friends at Portsmouth Island right now I called and he said they were tearing the Bluefish up. Along with everything else. He said the mullet are so thick he only threw his net once and filled up his bait bucket. If I wasn't on the road right now I would be there with them.