afternoon on the mississippi

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by skyhead, May 2, 2009.

1. skyhead

skyhead New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Went out today down at Sandusky. Fished a small creek off the River then moved to the point where the river meets the creek around 2pm. They hit like crazy off of chicken liver for about an hour then just gave up. :sad2:

Lost 3 due to a bad hook set but the ones we got in were pretty nice. The picture doesnt really do justice, the very middle one weighed in at 9 pounds... The rest between 5-6 pounds other than the little one :tounge_out:

I tried circle hooks for the first time today... I just couldnt take it. My pole bending and rattling I just wanted to grab it and rip it up... After hooking one and missing 3 on the circle hook, I went back to tru-turns and octopus hooks lol! Now I just need to find a few pounds of mushrooms and im set for a nice little fish fry.

Attached Files:

2. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Nice haul of Channel Cats Skyler! That will be some darn good eatin'! :big_smile:

3. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Those are perfect for a fish fry. Great job.

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Nice work. Don't be too quick to give up on the circles. Gota make sure they are real sharp. :wink:

5. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Nice Haul of Channels.