afternoon in hospital

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Bill in SC, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Folks, the kidney stone I told y'all about, three weeks or so ago, decided to move into my urinary tract today while I was a church. I almost fell out at church, and consequently missed our Pastor's appreciation day feast. :sad2: I rushed home from church after the preachin', and started vomiting. This is the worse stone I ever had. The scan at the ER said it was 3 to 4 mm in size, and that it should pass now. I'm peeing pure blood right now. They liken kidney stone pain to birthing pain, and I must say, this was by far, the worse pain I ever had with a stone. Had they not shot me up with something in the ER, I feel like I would have died. Hopefully it won't slow me down tomorrow as I have lots of stuff to do.
    Bill in SC

2. bigdevo187

bigdevo187 New Member

State:
    sc
    Good luck Bill and hope you get to feeling better! I know those stones are painful! Friend of mine gets them all the time. No fun for sure.

3. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Bill,

sorry to here that ,you just need to drink ONE beer a day and it will help them stones. That is what the Dr told my brother and I don't think hes had any in 4 or 5 years

4. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Dammit, Bill -I feel for you :embarassed: Wouldn't wish this on anybody and hope that it passes soon.

5. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Stones suck!
    First one I had I was 100% sure I was a dead man.(did not know what it was)
    Yep, nekkin and dead in the bathroom floor was how I thought I would be found. Could not even figure out what had killed me....

6. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Hope ya get to feeling better Bill. A few cold Bud lights might help flush it. or atleast make yas feel better. Just pick'n at ya Bill. Hope it passes soon.

7. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Been there done that .Don't want no more. Hope your feeling better real soon.

8. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    "Friend of mine gets them all the time."

Check and see if he has had his thyroid looked at. If you have a growth or other problem it can cause that.

9. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Bill,
    Been there, done that so I can identify with your pain. Wishing you a speedy recovery...W

10. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Hope it passes quick, sounds painful.

11. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    get better Bill. my dad used to get them all the time as did his uncle. his uncle lived in the house out in front of us and his wife called and said he was passing a stone and could we come over quick as she thought he was gonna fall over. well me and my dad run over and he is in the bathroom leaning up against the sink and breathing hard. here he had passed the stone into this cup with a screen in it the doctor had given him so they could examine it. i don't know how he passed that thing. it was triangle shaped, 3/4's of an inch long and the edges were serrated like a shark tooth. he was a tough old boy i tell ya. he was trying to pass it for about two hours. would not have believed somebody could have passed something like that. hell he was working in the basement like 20 minutes after that. old school and tough as nails he was.

12. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Bill, we will be praying for you brother. God Bless

13. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    Bill, I had a couple stones to move back in the 80's, it put me on the floor in the fetal position. I knew that the end was in sight for me that evening and my wife almost dragged me to the car and off to the ER we went. They gave me one of those shots that make you feel like superman or a hand full of puttie. After X rays were done, they admitted me and the next day went up in me and pulled one of them bad boys out. The other one was inbedded in my bladder and they said I would have no problem passing it later on. Wrong, several months later it broke loose and before mother nature decided it was going to come out, I swear I saw the light at the end of the tunnel. Passed a few since, but no big ones. I hope you make the turn.

14. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Bill I hope you get better soon.

15. bearfrog1

bearfrog1 New Member

State:
    Mount Pleasant,
    I heard the beer trick before. It does help flush it out and makes ya relax and feel numb too. Once dated a girl whose mom would get them like 5 times a year. She would buy a case and drink it all and pass out(I mean pass it out). I'm not gonna say where me and her daughter were while this would take place:wink:
    Sorry, too much information,
    Jonathan

16. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    I am praying for you speedy recovery.

God Bless All,
    Steve

17. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Bill you have experienced one of the worst pains out there. I pray that you pass the stones and for a quick recovery.

18. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    very painful hope it works out for you with less pain as possible. my daughter had same problem and they did a surgery through belly button to help her from getting them . been a year and no problems yet .

19. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Bill, I'm praying for ya Brother (I've been listening to those tapes you sent me:wink:) I just hope that don't make it bigger with jagged edges!:eek:oooh:

DANZIG... your post made me laugh:smile2: but I know it's not funny, I had one before... it made me cry for my mommy and call the ambulance... my stone was just a baby:embarassed: lol

20. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    That's it , I'm gonna drink a beer everyday cause you guys scared me with all these stories .

I had to take my work partner to the hospital one day during work . He was hanging out the window throwing up and passing out....gee that looked awful.

Bill...I hope your feeling better.

-Jim-