Afternoon at local lake in CA.

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by Pontoon, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Pontoon

Pontoon New Member

State:
    California
    Even though the trout frenzy has started here in So. Cal. my buddy Trollmiester (I'm hoping he joins up with B.O.C. soon) and I decided to stick with the cats. We were able to get quite a few takers but I guess this time of year they aren't as aggressive as the warmer summer nights. We stuck with it and I was able to get a nice 6lb channel to the boat and shortly after Trollmiester was able to land a nice 14+lbr.(Pic attached) Wasn't the hottest bite but we did do pretty well.

Attached Files:

2. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    Stay with them! The big ones always seem to be caught in the winter. Only a select, hardcore, groupd of fisherman out there and they catch all the monsters so be one of those guys!

Nice catch too, last timei was out we got skunked so you got me beat!

3. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Way to go Terry. Your right Max, fall is when the big ones are caught at Irvine lake.

Jaime

4. Pontoon

Pontoon New Member

State:
    California
    Max, Jaime, thanks for the replies. I've heard a lot of people say that the bigger fish show up this time of year. I'm planning on staying real serious about the cats for the next two months at least. So far this year we have got two over 20lbs and several in the teens. I'm hoping to land and release something quite a bit bigger before it's over.

5. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    nice catch.thx for posting picture.

6. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Hey, looks like you guys didn't do too bad.:wink:

7. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Way to go guys thanks for the post. The weather here has been nasty havent been able to fish for the last two weeks.

8. Pontoon

Pontoon New Member

State:
    California
    Thanks for the kind words! The weather here has turned on us a little weve gone from fairly cool weather to record breaking heat so I'm hoping this may help the catfish bite a little this weekend. We're going out Sat and Sun to see if we can break the 20lb mark. I hope, I hope.LOL