After two years of saving!!!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Thenutslanded, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Thenutslanded

Thenutslanded New Member

State:
    Archdale, North Carolina
    I finally got a pontoon boat i never thought this day would come but it was worth the wait. It's my first boat i have ever owned:big_smile:. But i do have a few concerns about boating. If any of you guys would like to give a few boating tips i would really appreciate it. thanks guys, Daniel

Attached Files:

2. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Congrats on the boat . I am sure you will love it . I am trying to get a pontoon myself , that way I can fish in comfort ...lol

3. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Daniel welcome to the BOC. Congrats on your new boat, looks like it will make a fine car rig. What are your concerns about boating? I have owned boats all my life and worked on lobster boats growing up. If you have any questions PM me. Andrew

4. Mako

Mako New Member

State:
    HOPE MILLS, NC
    Congrats! Nice ride you got there! :0a22:

5. Thenutslanded

Thenutslanded New Member

State:
    Archdale, North Carolina
    thanks man i cant wait to get it on the water in a lil bit comfort is whats its all about! lol

Mainly just some general basic advise on keeping safe on the water i dont wanna be out on the lake and everyone know im a noob boater becasue i didnt ask for any help befor i started... lol:roll_eyes:

6. The Flathead Reaper

The Flathead Reaper New Member

State:
    Grays Cree
    congrats man....nice looking rig................

7. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Daniel,
    Your state and the Coast Guard has all kinds of literature about boating safety and there are safety courses you can take. You can also get a safety inspection done to make sure your boat has all the correct. There is also an interactive safety inspection you can do yourself on the Coast Guard site.
    Learn about what to do in various emergency scenarois and some basic first aid. Know your boat inside out so you can know when things may not be right.
    Knowing this stuff will give you the peace of mind to enjoy your new boat...W

8. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    'Toons are catsmackin' machines! Congrats! The biggest mistake I see new boat owners make, is coming into the landing TOO FAST. When approaching a boat landing, you just need to EASE into it. The first thing you need to do is to load and unload the boat, until you find the correct depth to back the trailer in at the ramp. Then, just ease the boat onto the runners, and then the boat can be powered up to the trailer tongue. It may take a few tries to get it right, but once you learn it's a cinch. Just don't try to rush in a boat. Ease around with your new boat until you get the hang of it and you will be fine. If you are uncomfortable in any way, go out on a friend or BOC member's 'toon to see the correct way to handle one. They certainly don't handle quite as easily as a regular boat, but there are no major difficulties with them either. Hope this helps...
    Bill in SC

9. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee

WTG! That is sweet. Now lets see some m-o-n-s-t-e-r-s.:wink:

10. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Daniel congrats on the new pontoon rig. Looks great and has a lot of room to chase the big cats. Good luck and enjoy.

11. catfishhunter2009

catfishhunter2009 New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Congrats on the new toon bro . Looks like a sweet rig ya got their . Basic need to know info , take your time , dont worry about anyone's opinion - it doesn't matter unless they are resposible for the boat / cost to own and repair . Take it slow untill you learn the waters your navigating . And most of all respect the water - because it can be very very unforgiving if you don't . If your not comfterble get out of the situation as calmly as posible untill you are comfy . A nother good thing you can do untill you get some experiance is make a check list and fallow it to the T . And anywhere you can buy boating supplies should have rules and safety tips for you . Hope this helps you out , good luck on your voyages .
    Nick
    :wink::big_smile: :0a26::0a23:

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  12. larry d. grady

larry d. grady Member

State:
    north caro
    daniel,looks like all you need is some ro holders,and catfish slime.

13. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Congrats on your new boat, Daniel! I agree with everything Bill said. :cool2:

14. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I know how difficult it is when ya want something so bad and ya must wait until that can gets filled up enough. I myself have a bit to go before my toon boat can is ready...LOL But that is ok because I hate to make a payment on anything for real so all the patience will pay off in the end. What a great boat. DH and i chatted a while back and think he is ok with a pontoon boat. I really need to be able to move around and I am sure he likes the fact we can have plenty of poles in the water lol

15. Thenutslanded

Thenutslanded New Member

State:
    Archdale, North Carolina
    Wow, Thanks guys and gals on all the advise ill for sure be taking it to heart this weekin. another thing i didnt know that out fitting this thing would be so much LOL but its ok tho i got like 4 rod holders today and a few other things n it was like over 600 bucks OMG lol but it's worth it. i gotta get back out there n get the fish finder, side bumpers n latter on it but thank you guys so much again... daniel :smile2::tounge_out::big_smile:

16. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing New Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    Daniel Congrats on the New Toon. Its a good looking rig.

17. Apexi

Apexi New Member

State:
    North Carolina
  18. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Life jackets, lights, tools, fuel line and extra filters, lots of rope, a big cooler and your poles and you are good 2 go! Congrats on the new boat!!

19. H2O!

H2O! New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I think it is a good idea to have an extra prop on board. I tore mine up on the river one day and wished I had another one.

20. Thenutslanded

Thenutslanded New Member

State:
    Archdale, North Carolina
    HAHAA yeahhh thats that stuff right there bro lol i was thinkin the same thing when i seen i had right amout of money for it haha i was listenin to this song on the way to pick it up
    -----------------------------------------------

n guys n gals thanks for all the big ups yall..... maybe some of us can hook up n go fishin sometime soon!!! we just been tubein so far but im ready to get some big cats BADLLLY, the launch and eveything went over very well n rode around high rock allday pretty much yesterday its a blast i love it yall b safe!!!! dbum

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2009