After the Storm

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by kenmany, Sep 4, 2006.

1. kenmany

kenmany New Member

State:
    NC
    Hello everyone...Hope everyone made it through the storm safely. Wasnt to aweful bad down here in Wilmington, just alot of rain and a little wind. I havent been able to get on the water:angry: since the storm has been over, but plan to tomorrow. Has anyone done any good since all the rain? And what, if any, effects do you think heavy rain like this has on catfish? Just thought it would be a good question?

-Kenneth

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I went out early Sunday morning and caught a couple. Nothing to brag about though. I did get to see a couple of idiots go to jail and that made a decent trip great, lol.

3. kenmany

kenmany New Member

State:
    NC
    LOL, Yeah I read your post. I would've been laughing my butt off @ that. Oh well, if ya cant hold ur alcohol you shouldnt be drinkin', right?:big_smile:

4. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    boating and drinking don't mix PERIOD!!!!:angry_2:

If the driver gets hurt how is a drunk passenger gonna save anyone???

5. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

bigblaze how did you do this weekend?

6. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Drinking and fishing at all is a stupid idea in my opinion!!

7. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Call me stupid, but I enjoy a nice cold few when fishing.
    I dont think that is going to change.

8. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

The reference was made about the guys that were so drunk while boating they hit another boat and didn't even realize it, nothing wrong with a few drinks but sloppy drunk is a little to much.

9. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC

No fishing cleaning up after the storm, spent some time with family oh and also helped my mother in law move 200 plus year old furniture HEAVY!!!

10. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC

Everything in moderation....

11. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    If I hadn't seen there was a hurrican on TV, I wouldn't have know there was one. All it did here was water my lawn and cover my patio with pinestraw. And yes, I am thankful that was all.

12. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC

I lost one small evergreen tree and some branches from another one...i live in Clayton and we got some high winds but nothing compared to fran or the flooding Pender and the coastal counties have experienced from Ernesto....

Due to the heavy rains we had yesterday the North east Cape fear is still flooding...