After the race...

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by river_runner_85, Sep 7, 2008.

1. river_runner_85

river_runner_85 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Missouri
    So i watched most of the race today. I noticed Tony wanted to win so bad. But after the race did anyone happen to see Tony throw his equipment all over is car before he got out? I know he wants to win but when they broadcast that and kids see that what kind of message is that sending them? To me I didn't think it was right for him to do all of that. If he wanted to do all of that it should of been behind closed doors where no one could see. I bet he will hear about this one from some one.

2. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Should of heard his interview with an MRN reporter. Tony asked him did he watch the race. Then said , well I guess you would have, you were here.

It's 140 degrees in the car, you get knocked and slammed around all day, and the G forces on that track are vicious.
    I'd probally kick the windshield out myself.

Like I have a habit of saying. Watching it on TV and from the stands is one thing but take a 100 dollar ride along. If you've only felt the G-forces of interstate or city driving you are about to experience a whole new world.
    Seeing is one thing, feeling is entirely something different.
    Half a dozen laps at Charlotte going down into turn one at 175 MPH was enough for me. I had had enough for one day. I couldnt imagine 500 miles of it.
    I have no clue how they manage to drive these things three wide at 190 MPH going into turn 1 at Charlotte.

The closest to realism I can get without spending a fortune with Petty is through NASCAR 2003 on the computer.
    I can hardly manage to get 50 laps into a race until I lose my cool or just plain screwup.
    Nascar Sim Racing? That one is junk. Anytime I can set up a car at Charlotte to beat the computer at 125% something is wrong. Seriously wrong. Cars are way too stable.

I would love about 6 laps around Bristol and Martinsville at speed though.:smile2:

3. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    to me if they dont want stuff like that broadcast or swearing gettin on air. they need to leave the cams out of cars.

as close as that race was and with tony having no wins. ide have probabily bit that camera off the roll bar myself. in his car is behind closed doors IMO.

i thought it was funny as hell really. toss the helmet, toss the hans, and whip the wheel lol.

way back in 1999 when jarrett was leading the cup points late season they did a lil 9 cam shot of his team. one on his spotter in the car on the crew and one on todd parrott crew chief ect.....
    as jarrett was running a lil behind todd flipped and said "somebody get me a set of 20 bleed shocks for the front of this mother ****er!. hey. they asked for it. keep the cams out of folks faces all day because that would be polite had i been the CC.:smile2: todd was fined i believe and there was about ten seconds of dead silence and then an apology from bob jenkins i believe. lol. and they forgot to edit it later that night when they replayed it too.

4. river_runner_85

river_runner_85 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Yeah you guys are right. I do think they need to keep the cameras out of the cars. And after thinking about in the car is behind closed doors. It was one of those talk before you think deals.:wink:

5. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    shoot. at least tony tossed it at the car. hes calmed way down lol. i like that emotion. its a sport. no different than some padded up baffon wiggiling there @$$ in the endzone after a touchdown. heck ever seen this one? sure its a family sport. and its up to the family to say "son tonys upset cause he couldnt get past jimmie" "like when your brother takes your toys away." i dont want nascar sponsered by disiney channel. and going to commercial during a crash. what tony did was mild.

[youtubevid]9mRY79mat34[/youtubevid]

[youtubevid]CBYhUuu-Vvk[/youtubevid]

[youtubevid]OCCqoTaLDDI[/youtubevid]

our man carl

[youtubevid]4CBm_VugNYk[/youtubevid]

this is whats makes it intresting. i dont just watch it for the racing and crashes. i follow the news and off camera lives. its at least real compared to the WWF. world of wacky fakes lol.

shoot. nothing better. as long as they keep there language to a roar.:smile2:

6. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Thats why I root for TONY!!!

7. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    i know a lot of yall don't like kyle, but that drive that tony and kyle have to win shows their determination. remember 2nd place is the 1st loser. sometimes i think jeff doesn't care if he wins or not. i met him in daytona world years back and was the nicest pro athlete i have ever met. i worry that hendrick will take that drive to win away from JR. they worry about public apperance a lot over there. if you don't get mad when you could have won and didn't you will learn to lose.

8. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i dont like him yes. but if you asked me who was the best driver on the circut now without BS biased fan hype. Kyle Busch no dought. being a carl edwards fan and long time jarrett fan with his 8 cup wins, 3 truck, 7 nationwide. at least this season. hes the shi^. no dought. i wont dispute that 1 iota.

but carls not to shabby either. running close 2nd in the cup and N/W series as well. go carl. i wanted to see a sweep last year. and turns out. he could do it yet again. carls hot but got some catcing to do.

but carl would have dropped matt like a coconut from a palm tree. jimmie is the only one thats had the shnuts to black an eye lately. and kurt was the perfect recepient.

9. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    jr should be throwing helmets. winning a cup with 1 win when a coulpe guys have had 8 and 6 and 4. thats just points playoff jumbo screwing guys with the advantage.

in reality. carl is the only one that had a chance in hell of beating kyle. but now its got 10 to beat them both. i hate the chase. take all there work and diminish it to nothing but a 30-40 point lead.