After Christmas Fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Dec 24, 2008.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Unless I miss heard, the local weather dude said its going to get up to 65 degrees Saturday! I have some bait in the tank and freezer, thinking about hitting the river possibly. Not, too often you get days like that in late December. The only thing I can foresee throwing a loop in it, is all the ice coming down. Hopefully it will be better by then though. Anyone else planning on heading out? Merry Christmas....rollo

2. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    I have to work all weekend! So im not doing anything! LOL!

3. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    i'm not in ohio but right next door in pa and yeah i was thinking the same the weather isnt gonna be to bad so i think i might head out , catch a few

4. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Yeah Jason, I saw that to this morning. Rods are by the door. Wanting to go myself if I can find someone to go...

5. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    If it's warm this wekend I am going for sure...

6. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Fellas ya go be safe out there and GOOD LUCK!
    I aint moving .....not till ice out right now I am rewiring the boat and diong all the maitence/orginisation fer this commin run ....COME ON SPRING !(LOL)

7. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Jeff with Team Catfish is coming down Friday morning and meeting me. Big Sam and one of my uncles. Were planning on fishing until the rains run us off that they have forcast for p.m. friday. Planning on fishing the Arkansas river at green leaf. May go again Sunday to Kerr.

8. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Goodluck to ya, I may just sit out there without a shirt on to say I did.. LMAO.. It may be warm, but that air off the water isn't gonna be! :wink: rollo

9. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    When the sun raises her pretty head over the horizon saturday morning I will be watching from the river...:roll_eyes:

10. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    I'll beat you b one day ,I'll be there tomorrow.

11. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Looks like the ice is gone on the Muskingum, but it is pushing pretty hard.. Too bad there ain't no drifting for blues there. I think I will still give er a go.. I know of a few wintering areas, and might see if I can get one to nibble!:big_smile: rollo

12. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    With the weather being this nice it really sends up your expectations of catching something. Good luck to you, hope they aren't filled up on Christmas dinner though. If they are as full as I am tonight they won't bite for a week..

13. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Its gonna be around 70* here Saturday. I'm gonna do my best to hit up somewhere!!! :wink:

14. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well, I drove down to the river to see it is a total mess. I didn't think it would look the way it did. All the other ponds and lakes have ice on them. Not sure what the plan will be now. And to boot, its thundering and lightning outside now! This is crazy! rollo

15. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    I got the green light from the wife to go on Saturday. But then I saw the river was at 14 ft. at Zanesville. Way too high, the normal pool is around 10 ft. So I will pass. There will be other days.

16. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Im still thinking about a couple possible spots Phil.. I have to be at my dads at noon for a dinner with my sisters and him. I may get the boat ready, and head out after. Wish I knew for sure whats gonna happen, then I could tell ya...rollo

17. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Rollo it was absoulutly bueatiful here today man it was like 54*....I almost broke the gear out. I went and bait checkecd at couple easey spots to see if anything was running but no luck,If I'd hit I think we'd been on the move I have a new 320gti penn I am dyin to go play with ya know how we boyz are when we get new toyz:big_smile:If you have what we got today commin get er ready .....ya'd better give me a report to(LOL) Its killin me(LOL)....our ramp is prety icey yet though dont know if I could of got in/out:eek:oooh:

18. Tangler

Tangler New Member

State:
    Sugarcreek, Ohi
    im heading out today to try a few spots. Gonna feel good just to be able to get out there again, even if i do get skunked..... I hope everyone else is fortunate enough to take advantage of the nice weather. Going to be beautiful in my neck of the woods. I am dying to try out some of my new tackle and my new baitcaster i just picked up. Ill post my results. Good luck all!

19. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I was planning on heading out today, but I got this stomach bug over Christmas that's keeping me pretty close to home - really close to home. Good luck to those of you who make it out!

20. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    That is some nasty stuff Jerry. My sister has it right now and we had it come thru the house last month. Hope you feel better soon.