After a big rain

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by ohio catfisherman, Aug 22, 2007.

1. ohio catfisherman

ohio catfisherman New Member

State:
    Ohio
    its been kinda hot lately and a cant seem to catch them but yesterday and the day before and some today we got 4 inches of rain do you think they might bite now since the rain might of cooled the water temp and maybe on what bait

2. kingneck76

kingneck76 New Member

State:
    Jeff City MO
    I dont really use much other than cut shad, carp, buffalo. or live shad, gills, sunfish, and bullheads anymore. So I cant answer the bait question. As for them biting after rain I have had my best luck since moving to nebraska the day after a good rain, or at night when it rained that mornin or the night before. My theroy on this is it lowers the water temps, pushes baitfish out of the feeder creeks, and in the hot summer adds some oxygen to the water. Thats my theroy if its wrong then someone please correct me.

3. ohio catfisherman

ohio catfisherman New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i know channels hit good aftera a rain but do blues and flats

4. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    best time to be out there fishing for them big blues if the water is running fast look for your curnt breaks fish behind them the blues will be there

5. kyredneck

kyredneck New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    IMO, everything in the water will come alive after a significant rain (especially during a dry year like we've had this year, and most especially in a river if there's enough runoff to make the water level rise). That's when I've caught the most and biggest fish.

6. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Makes perfect sense to me. That new water in the river has to feel like a breath of fresh air!

7. kingneck76

kingneck76 New Member

State:
    Jeff City MO
    yep breath of fresh H2O. I just dont suggest yall try it out to be one with the fish. It causes massive coughing, and sometimes vomiting.:tounge_out: