Affordable holsters.

Discussion in 'Hunting Gear Talk' started by bootshowl, Jan 14, 2007.

1. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    I've worn a bunch of em. But wanted to pass on I finally found cheap ones that work and are less than $15. Don't get me wrong, got some high dollar units in the box too, but was always disappointed with Uncle Mike's, etc.
    The brand is Maverick, they are imported from south africa exclusively by Gunfighters Ltd. Check em out at www.bluepress.com. Just a inside the waistband clip on, but good quality and retention. Just a tip from uncle Boots.
    :wink:
    Be safe.

2. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Boots, I checked them out but couldn't find anything by Gunfighters Ltd. Now that I've got my CC permit, I'm looking for a better left handed holster for a 1911 .45.

3. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Willie they're listed under the Maverick tradename. Have a tuck away model and scroll down and there is a clip on. I didn't see a listing for lefty's. (But if I remember your ambi aren't ya ?) Anyway I've been wearing one for bout six months now & usually a cheap one is in tatters, & this one is holding up fine. It's hard for lefty's to find bargans.
    :sad2:
    I haven't tried the tuck away. Use the clip on cross draw. Whatever rig I carry I want to be able to get hold of it with either hand.

4. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Willie my favorite leather holsters are made by Aker. Check DeltaForce.com for info. They showed a few listing for left hand units. Good value too at around a $100 for a shoulder rig complete. Very secure and comfortable. Other models too. But his are molded well and top notch.
    :smile2:

5. flathead willie

State:
    Virginia
    Thanks Boots! Yea, I'm ambi and I have a good leather one for the belt but it's right handed and leans forward. When I switch it for cross draw it leans way back making it hard to get the piece out. I'll check out the ones you suggested. Thanks!

6. TScottW99

TScottW99 New Member

State:
    NRV, VA
    Flathead,

You might want to check out highnoonholsters.com. They make a great product and offer left hand holsters. I have been highly pleased with them, however you might have to wait a month or so after ordering.

They make an IWB called Hideaway for 1911's in a left hand version and also the Down Under. Both are excellent holsters.

7. flathead willie

State:
    Virginia
    Thanks Scott. I'll check them out! I'm thinking about getting a smaller .45. This long slide is good and accurate but kind of hard to hide.