AFC playoff picture!

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by LilRyjoe04, Dec 5, 2006.

1. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    I know there is still a lot of football left, but let's take a look at how the divisions and Wildcard race is looking as of now:

Division Leaders:
    AFC East: New England 9-3
    AFC North: Baltimore 9-3
    AFC South: Indianapolis 10-2
    AFC West: San Diego 10-2

Wildcard race:
    Jets:7-5
    Cincinnati 7-5 (coming on strong)
    Jacksonville 7-5
    Kansas City 7-5
    Denver 7-5

Anything can happen from here on out good luck to your teams and good luck in the playoffs!:wink:

2. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    the wild cards here do absolutely nothing for me........take the ravens out, and it's gonna be a free-for-all.......3 strong teams that can beat anybody at any given time..i just hope this playoff lives up to my expectations

3. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN

Don't count out Wildcards. Look at the Steelers last year, Indy was supposedly unstoppable. Several of those teams would be very scary to see. Cincy has beat Baltimore, should have beat the Chargers (no excuses, but giving up 42 second half points is crazy) and still has to play Indy. They are my team but if they made the playoffs I wouldn't like to see them.

4. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    not discounting them, Max....they just have no appeal for me - look at their records.

a bunch of vanilla...like the lower 3/4ths of the ncaa bowl games...just blah

5. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    Out of those teams, I'd like to see Denver or Indy (shhh don't tell ryan) pull it off, but for some reason I'm thinking N.E. will do it again.

6. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    I see Indy finishing 12-4 which hopefully will give them homefield advantage.They have the potential to lose 2 of their last 4 against the Bengals and the Jags.Maybe not, but for some reason they are lethergic right now.Perhaps they play to the level of the competition.Not being able to gain one yard running to score in that last game essentially cost them the game.San Diego gives the ball to LT and the rest of the team walks off and doesn't even turn around to look to see if he scored.The call to run on first down when you have the defense at your mercy showed no imagination.The D has to honor any fake in that situation and you freeze the LBs with a fake and roll out or pitch out etc.FG kicker missed one also which would have been the winning edge.I have a feeling they are kind of marking time til the playoffs which is OK as long as you MAKE the playoffs.Stranger things have happened.:smile2:

7. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    New England has a way of always winning when they need to. Right now in the AFC I would have to give them the best chance.

8. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    im just hoping the bengals finish strong. We have the tools to make a playoff run but injuries have really hurt us

9. slickback

slickback New Member

State:
    Kansas
    If KC can figure if they want to be good consistantly, I think they could be a strong force in the playoffs. With LJ running and a defence that is improving, who knows. I like Cinci going far as well.

10. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I just had a vision! All the wild card contenders all fall flat on their faces the rest of the way and the Steelers run the table and finish 9-7, sneak into the playoffs, eliminate all the top dogs and go to the Super Bowl and repeat!:cool2:

11. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    I am huge Denver fan but I see them slipping out of the playoffs now that cutler is QB. I like and agree with the change from Plummer but Cutler is a rookie and will make mistakes and cause them to lose some games, Cincy in my opinion will make the playoffs along with the Jets, Cincy could very well win the division because Baltimore still have some tough games left like tomorrow at KC where they will lose I believe. The Jets play no one with a winning record the rest of the year and they could sneak in unnoticed

12. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I did not see the Bears:sad2: :cry:
    Bill

13. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Don't get discoraged Bill. This is the AFC playoff picture. The Bears should go into the playoffs with homefield advantage throughout in the NFC. :smile2: Grossman is..... Well I don't really know what he is, but he's still young and has some things to learn about just managing the game and letting it come to him instead of him trying to do to much and forcing the ball in tight game situations. We'll see what happens. After seeing what the Steelers did last year, I am a firm believer that anything can happen.:sad2: LOL! Atleast we won't have to worry about them this year.:big_smile: Good luck to your Bears!:wink:

14. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    There is still a chance all the wild cards ahead of the Steelers have tough games this week except the jets.Who knows after this sunday things could get pretty interesting.

15. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Sorry Ryan I did not read close enough. I'm bad.
    Bill