Aerobait Aerated 5 gallon bucket

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by Chicago, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Chicago

Chicago New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Anybody ever use the Aerobait Aerated 5 gallon minnow bucket with the built in motor in the bottom? I will be using it to keep bluegills and larger baitfish alive. Thanks

2. KansasKatCatcher

KansasKatCatcher Active Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ka
    It gets good review on cabelas website.I was thinking of grabbing one myself.It looks like it will hold a lot of bait.

3. RonSki

RonSki New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I have had the smaller one, which is 7 qts I believe, for about 4 years now. I mostly use it for icefishing and it works wonderful. I have used it on occasion when out catching flathead bait, but the size I have is a little small for that. The battery seems to last a long time. It does make some noise but it's not anything that would bother anyone. The lid on mine doesn't fit tight at all and comes with a little elastic cord that I promtly lost. a small bungee cord would hold tighter. I would suggest getting an airstone for the inside though as the bubbles that come out of it without it are very large. I think if you buy it you will like it. Just keep in mind that you can't put the bottom part of it in the water and you'll be fine.

4. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I use a bubble box, or mr. bubbles aerator and a 7 gallon bucket. They come with a thin steel clip like a money clip on them. I just bend the clip out almost straight and then fold the end overthe edge of the bucket and drill a 1/4 inch hole in the lid. Why spend so much money on a bait bucket when there are products that will better suffice for cheeper. The aerators are about $7.00 at walmart. I use a 7 gallon bucket so I can put a full 5 gallons, or more in it without it splashing too much in the car or truck. I also use a lid with a seal.

5. catfishinsc

catfishinsc New Member

State:
    SC
    I've been using just a regular bucket I've had around the house with a Frabill aerator that runs on 2 D batteries. I've been keeping herring alive all day with that. I just put a frozen bottle of water in it every few hours to keep the water cool. I would imagine bream would be easier to keep alive than herring. The batteries have lasted for several trips.

If I were trying to keep them alive for longer or I was going to have a lot of them I would want something bigger.

6. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Yep 5 gallon bucket a 7.94 mr bubbles from walmart! I put a frozen 2 liter bottle of water in too to keep the temp down.:wink:

7. Chicago

Chicago New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Thanks all,

I've been using the "Big Bubbles" bubbler with the money-clip attached to a regular 5 gallon bucket for a while. It keeps the fish alive, but it's a bit loud n bulky. The Aerator just looked nice n compact with a lid, plus it has an insulated interior for keeping the water temp down. Thanks for the input.:big_smile:

8. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa
    I've got a 5 gal water cooler that I've had for a few years. Same idea, they come insulated. The Quiet Bubbles aerator is a good buy. The cheap ones are freakin loud.

9. catfishinsc

catfishinsc New Member

State:
    SC
    Get a Frabill. They are quiet. I had one by the same manufacturer as "Big Bubbles" that was a different name and it was very loud. I barely notice the Frabill is running.