Aerial Maps

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by TxRiverman, Jun 27, 2006.

1. TxRiverman

TxRiverman New Member

State:
    Lockhart Tx
    To do a little pre-scouting of fishing holes on your favorite lake or river without spending money on gas,try using a aerial map. The detail is not that good,but its good enough to get a good idea of the layout of where your going and what the spot may look like. I use google maps,you can look at pretty much any body of water you want. Just thought i would share that.

2. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    As most of my fishing has to be done on the BOC,I like to look up and see where people are from and where they fish.I really enjoy it.peewee-williams

3. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
  4. TxRiverman

TxRiverman New Member

State:
    Lockhart Tx
    good site David!

5. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    You really can't beat Google Earth - it's an app that you download and run on your PC and you can visit anywhere in the world with it. Easier to use by far than web sites that do basically the same thing - much more intuitive.

http://earth.google.com/

6. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    David,

The images that terafly uses are NOT realtime. Infact, they are more than 10 years old. I know this because my house was built in 96', their pictures show an empty field where my house sits.

Use google earth, much better and no watermarks

7. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    i've never used them fishing but im meticuous about them when im hunting. during the after season I'll hike the trails marking the trails on the maps rub lines, scrapes, mast trees ect... other notes and what not. if I see deer movement bucks/does. where they were heading and where they may have came out from. and then i'll use the paint program on my comp to add the trails and other info to the map and reprint them to carry when i scout again or hunt.

8. solomon

solomon New Member

State:
    MS
    a couple others are terraserver, maptech, and mapmart. Google earth still has a lot of area they don't cover with higher resolution aerials.

9. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Great post and thanks for the info...I'll be checking out the other sites as well.