Aerator fittings

Discussion in 'Livewell and Bait Tank Review' started by RonSki, Jul 2, 2009.

1. RonSki

RonSki New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I recently put a livewell in my jon boat and decided to put a Power Bubbles aerator in to keep bait alive on the way to the river. I did not want to run the hose on the outside of the tank so I set out looking for some fittings that I could use. I (used to) work in a machine shop so there were lots of industial catalogs around but finding the right fitting was almost impossible :eek:oooh: It took a week of steady searching the web for me to find these so I thought that I would pass it on for anyone doing the same. I'm not comfortable just drilling a hole and putting silicone around it. I want to know that it will not leak, and I wanted it to be permenant. So here's all I could find on the whole internet, at least something that I could order. Hopefully it helps someone out, I couldn't imagine doing it any other way now...
    http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/NNSRIT?PMPXNO=4601289&PMT4NO=0

2. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois

3. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    You can get them at some auto supply stores, too, and hardware stores, not to mention marine dealers.

4. RonSki

RonSki New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Not what I'm talking about. These are for when you want to run the silicone AIR hose thru the side of your livewell. Not spray bars. They're for air, not water. I have the other kinds and they are easy to find, but if you want to run a 1/4" air hose thru something with water in it, these are all I could find....

5. RonSki

RonSki New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I guess pictures are a better way to explain it...

Attached Files:

6. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Ron, That's a pretty good find, I've been looking for something similar. Is that the correct size for the regular aquarium type air tubing?

7. RonSki

RonSki New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Yes Gary. It fits the standard airline tubing that we all use for aerators. I'm not sure of any other ones on the market, at least that I could buy in less than lots of 1,000....