Advise/Tips Needed

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by mikeskywalker, Oct 30, 2006.

1. mikeskywalker

mikeskywalker New Member

State:
    IOWA
    I really want to quit smoking it's not only ruining my life it is endangering my kids as well does anyone have any tips or advise for me ?????????

2. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Just do it....! I quit about 10 years ago and haven't been sorry... Hypnosis didn't work.. I'd like to think the nicotine patch helped. Even today Ireach in my shirt pocket occasionally. Be prepared to quit eatin' also... I gained 100lbs..+/-... Take it one day at a time... Good luck... you can do it...
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Some goals are so worthy, it's glorious even to fail.

3. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    i too am in this boat , quiting smoking would be the greatest thing il ever do . iv tried numerous times the longest i went was a month , wish id never started .

4. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR

5. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    If that is Luke Skywalker, just let the force be with you. There are more and more smoking cesation medicenes hitting the field every year. See your doctor and you two guys plan on a course of action and follow through on it. Mine gave me some prescription pills used to treat a nervous/psychiatric condition. Took them at bedtime. He said after 10 pills, lay your cigarettes down and go without. If I couldn't make it, no sweat, continue to take the pills and come back see him in a month to renew the prescription-if necessary. Took them for 10 nights, woke up and said thats it, and haven't had one in nearly two years now. The urge wakes up every once and a while but I beat the devil down and it is going to stay beaten. But seriously, see your doctor and make a plan. It works.

6. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I agree with Ol Man... just do it.

Make a commitment... like on here BOC... post and say you have quick smoking and never will smoke another as long as you live. Tell the same thing to everyone you know.

That's what I did about 45 years ago. I was working morning shift with 9 more guys.. we all decided to quit smoking. I told them that night I would never smoke another as long as I lived. Today I can't stand the smell of tobacco smoke.

Every day between your last smoke gets better... but one cigarette will tear it all down... only one smoke. Too many times people will be off of them for a few months and try to tell them self that a smoke wouldn't taste good but it will.

Not easy but sure a lot easier than dieting... in a couple years you will lose all craving for tobacco... but you never lose your appetite.

Good luck!

7. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Sure Dayton... I notice how much overweight you are...:lol:
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    The penalty for bigamy is having two mothers-in-law.