advise needed on storage of line

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by stone, Mar 7, 2008.

1. stone

stone New Member

State:
    CA
    I bought many rolls of sufix igfa copolymer line ( i used and liked the line a lot, very lasting in saltwater)

It was a renovation sale and was really a bargain i could not resist. Looks like it will be a long time before i can finish them. would the line be damaged? I keep them under my bed, totally dark and cool.

This is a copolymer line and not the mono. It seems to have a much better durability when compared to mono.

What should i do ?

2. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Under the bed sounds fine, but I would also wrap them up in a couple of plastic grocery bags or put them in a big tupperware container, something like that.

I did the same thing, a few years agao a sporting goods store was going out of business and was sellinig BIG bulk spools of line cheap so a buddy and I bout a few (I got one, he bought several). I keep the spool wrapped up in 2 layers of plastic bags and even though it's probably 5 years old, it's just like new.

3. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    As long as you kep them in a dark, dry place away from heat sources, they should be fine.

4. catfishbills

catfishbills New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    On mono and floracarbons (I would say braid also) direct sunlight and heat are there WORST enemies for sure! :eek:oooh:I would say that your line will be fine, make sure that you dont have any mice!:smile2:I know some "anglers" that keep there spare line in there tackle box and it stays in there boats, even on those 100 degree days! :tounge_out:

5. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I keep mine in the fridge. Wife don't like it but it's there beside my diaphram mouth calls.

6. stone

stone New Member

State:
    CA
    used to keep mine in the fridge too. :roll_eyes: It got thrown out. :smile2:

7. orion_xxvx

orion_xxvx New Member

State:
    North Central Missouri
    Anything with nylon in it you wet and freeze then take out and allow to dry it is now much tougher.