Advice

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by STALLIONDUCK, Aug 21, 2009.

1. STALLIONDUCK

STALLIONDUCK New Member

State:
    Illinois
    guys can you help me out here. im a little confused; im 5' 11", currently fighting at 170. ive fought at 185 and did great, but im contemplating moving on up to 205, because im built for it as long as i dont gain it in fat and in muscle i should be ok right? what do you guys think?

2. preshrd3cpy

preshrd3cpy New Member

State:
    Calhoun,Tennessee
    If you go up hard to go down just be sure its something you want and good luck in the fights,

3. STALLIONDUCK

STALLIONDUCK New Member

State:
    Illinois
    thats is true. if i have knockout power and good wrestling and jui jitsu. which im pretty sure i have lol i can hang with those guys. and i mean if i really want to i go back to 185. which i was spectacular at, so im gonna talk to my coach about it and if he says go for it then i probably will

4. KAW RIVER KILLER

KAW RIVER KILLER New Member

State:
    Lenexa, KS
    What weight do you walk around at right now?

5. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    i'm the same height and same frame as you. i've been from 170 to my biggest of 225 in shape. since my knee injury last year i'm up to 230 out of shape LOL!!!! but honestly if you do it right you should have no problems. just don't forget the cardio and don't over do it either. you should have no trouble with that weight with the frame you have bro. good luck at 205 or 185.

6. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Go for it it your coach thinks so:wink:

7. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK
    I'd say stay at 185-170. you move up in class you'll be fighting true heavyweight in their off time that cut 10-20 pounds to get to 205. the strength difference will surprise you. I'm going to cut down to 205 hopefully in the next 3 months so I can get in at lightheavy instead of heavy. but if you think you can do it bro go for it, you really won't ever know till you try. just cutting back down is going to be hard on your body

8. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Id stay around your normal weight, let your body and your normal training tell you where you should be. Imho going up to 205 youd eventually run into guys that are 6'2 and more, reaches can have a big impact on fights. Plus ive seen a few fights that looked to be decided because the fighter had such a tough time dropping weight. No matter the sport dropping pounds that fast cant be too good for you but I aint a doctor or a fighter so?

Last edited: Aug 24, 2009
  9. Brandon829

Brandon829 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Stay at 185. Thats usually where the best competition is anyways. Plus it sounds thats what your body wants to be at

10. STALLIONDUCK

STALLIONDUCK New Member

State:
    Illinois
    i think im gonna stay at 185, i looked around and most of the guys who are fighting at 205 around here are like over 6 foot. and i walk around at about 185-195. but i wanna take a few more fights as a 170'er first before i go back up because when i do go back up, i have extend my camp and whatnot to make sure im back at what i was at 185.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
  11. Brandon829

Brandon829 New Member

State:
    Kentucky