advice?

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by rcbbracing, Aug 20, 2009.

1. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Im going saturday to charles mill lake with mike and hoping to catch a flat or two. As far as strategy, do we wanna look for shallow or deep water in your opinion? Ive got two decent spots that we usually fish. One is where the lake bottlenecks down under the rt430 bridge. In this location we would be fishing less than 6 ft of water and there is very little structure. The other location is in the deeper basin of the lake and has a hole 15ft deep. There are quite a few downed trees in this area also. I hope this is enough info to get some good advice. The link is for the map and you will be able to tell exactly where i am talking cuz there is only one rt430 bridge and one 15ft hole....thank you in advance and hope someone has some good advice. Im just skitish cuz ive never flathead fished this lake and dont think there is that big of a population so i wanna have a good gameplan before i arrive. The link to the lake map is

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Portals/9/Images/fishing/Lake Maps/pub223.gif

2. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thanks for sharing the map, I would go with the deeper spot just because of the structure it has. That's where the fish will be hanging. IMO.:wink:

3. varmint_sniper

varmint_sniper New Member

State:
    OHIO
    DAVE, SHALLOW MY 42LB 6 OZ FLATTIE CAME OUTTA LESS THAN 3FT OF WATER LASTNIGHT..sniper

4. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    where the 15' hole is looks good. cause if it doesnt work you are a quick move to 6' of water. actually i would fish that area where it drops from 6-27 feet. imo. af course i dont know squat