ADVICE ON WHERE TO FISH PLEASE!!

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by phdindrinks, Sep 1, 2008.

1. phdindrinks

phdindrinks New Member

State:
    missouri
    Hey fellas. I'm new to the forums but I would like your help. I'm headin to smithville lake and need to know some good spots to catfish at? Please be as specific as possible cause I haven't been fishin up there in a long time. Any help will be appreciated guys!!

Thx
    Mike

2. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Welcome to the BOC!!

As far as spots, I know the spillway isn't bad most of the time. I think up by the north end of the lake is good too. There are people on here that will be more help though.

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Mike.

4. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Welcom to the BOC Mike. Glad to have you here. I would unload at the free ramp at the north end of the lake. I havent fished it for cats. But I know a couple of people that do and catch mostly channels. There are some brothers on here that do and should give you all the help that you need.
    Tom

5. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
  6. river_runner_85

river_runner_85 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC. There are a lot of people on here that will be able to help you out.

7. argel41

argel41 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Mike: welcome to the BOC. try mud flats, 3ft to 10ft deep, also try on points in shallow water and around standing trees, they seem to like the cover. haven't caught any blues this year but you never know....:confused2: If it should happen to come a pretty good rain, go to a place where a feeder creek runs in the lake and that is usually good.:big_smile:

8. bogray

bogray New Member

State:
    missouri
    Welcome to the site, Mike. I do okay for catfish on the channel edges of the bridge by the W boat ramp. The bottom of the channel is about 37'. I usually catch nice channels and blues in the twelve to fifteen foot depths-usually that is somewhere around the second set of pylons from the bank. I also do decent on the point behind the Litten Center. Can't help much with bank fishing, but these are usually my best two (easy to get to) spots from a boat. If you are wanting flatheads, the flats in the coves are okay, and if you can find a nice mud or gravel flat they can be caught there, too.