Advice on the Cumberland River

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by cottonmouth, Sep 13, 2007.

1. cottonmouth

cottonmouth New Member

State:
    southeast tn
    Hey all you middle tn guys, gonna be working in nashville for a good while on the west side at a water pumping station. Gonna be right next to overall creek ,I think there is a marina or something there,any good spots around to fish after work?

2. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat Active Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I guess I haven't heard of of that creek are you referring to a place on the lake? Let me know I 'll try and help

3. cottonmouth

cottonmouth New Member

State:
    southeast tn
    thats about all i know about it except its close to a rock quarry and its on river road next to charlottes pike

4. craddock1

craddock1 Active Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    Hey cotton mouth.I use to live in nashville 30 or so years ago. That rock quary was my favorite fishing spot. hard to find a spot to get your line in so many folks fishing there. there is an opening from one of the old quaries to the cumberland. It is easy to get to the water and we caught monster crappie there some bass few cats and lots of drum. Great place to spend an afternoon.

5. cottonmouth

cottonmouth New Member

State:
    southeast tn
    Thanks alot man, gonna be there a good while and it sure helps to be able to get out of the motel in the evenings and do something. we're working at a pumping station where the intake goes directly into the river so that might be a good spot if they will let us in there after work hours,some places will some won't.If that is a marina next to it , I might bring my boat sometime and not be as limited on spots but I have no idea about the fishing on the west side of town.

6. Folion

Folion New Member

State:
    tennessee
    i'll have to go try there some time :big_smile: