Advice on finding catfish

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by cat stalker, Aug 3, 2007.

1. cat stalker

cat stalker New Member

State:
    missouri
    Im just starting to fish the Missouri above St. Joe and was looking for some advice on finding cats. Big, small, blue, or flat im not picky I just love to fish.:big_smile:

2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Ryan. Your about to get hit with some answers for some brothers that fish the river,

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Ryan I don't fish the area you have questions about. I just wanted to Welcome you to the BOC. Glad to have you on board.:smile2:

4. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Welcome to the whisker chasers!!! Been a long time since I fished the big river. But cats are cats habits usually dont change. If ya got a finder put it use!!! Finders are invaluable any strange waters!! Well thats my opinion!!! Good luck to you and welcome again!!!:big_smile:

5. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    Welcome to the BOC, I have never fished the Missouri River but have fished the Mississippi. We use the depth finder and look for holes, Cave in on the bank usually is a hole. We look for brush lying in the river that fish will use for cover.
    When using the depth finder we have the fish ID on so we can see if there are fish lying in the holes or maybe at the crest of the hole. When fishing on the Mississippi we use Skip Jack for bait.

Good luck

6. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    From what I've read,fishing that area has been slow.The King Kat turney was won with only 38#.You try the Platte,102,or monzingo?

7. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    and those boys trailered to KC

8. cat stalker

cat stalker New Member

State:
    missouri
    I've fish Mozingo a bit i just got a boat this year so im learning were all the good spots are still. Haven't fished the 102 since the dam in Maryville has a big hole in it now, and the hole there is silted in.

9. cat stalker

cat stalker New Member

State:
    missouri
    Thanks for all the help guys, much appreciated.

10. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Brother I don't have any information on the river but wanted to Welcome you to the BOC where you have found a family of friends dedicated to helping each other produce some great fishing...I am sure you will get some great responses to this...Good Luck and post us some pictures of your new catches...