advice on clark hill

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by newfish 41, Jun 3, 2009.

1. newfish 41

newfish 41 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    going to clark hill in a few days wanna know if anybody having any luck or give me some advice. caught some about 3 weeks ago caught about 4 smaller with a 6 pound max and a kicker wit 43LBS just want some advice

2. deerhntr22

deerhntr22 New Member

State:
    Greenville, SC
    Greg...I have fished Clarks Hill and have always had luck around the Raysville area using bream or herring...I havent really fished for catfish as my primary target while going to Clarks Hill, but would like to start since Ive got hooked on cats...so maybe we can share info and get others to join in, because Clarks Hill is one of the top lakes in my book to catch alot of BIG fish...:big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:

3. newfish 41

newfish 41 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    yea it is we have caught two big cats on clark hill past two years and caught them were flats and deep water come together

4. deerhntr22

deerhntr22 New Member

State:
    Greenville, SC
    I just talked with my buddy that actually went out Tues. night (6/2) and they caught 12 biggest being a 34 lbs. flathead...2 were stripers...he said that they just anchored up in a couple of the mouths of coves right there on the Modoc side (SC side) of Clarks Hill...and they were only there 4 hours...now I would say that the bite is on...:wink::big_smile::big_smile: Bait of choice was cut herring in about 15-25 ft. of water...said they didnt use any other bait since they were getting so many hits...:wink:

5. mark29860

mark29860 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I fished in deep water last Sat without much luck, they say right now the fish are shallow near riprap around bridges. I would love to go this weekend but my wife has other plans for me (building a privacy fence). Good luck to everyone this weekend I will be looking on here to see how everyone's done.

6. crclhuk1

crclhuk1 New Member

State:
    Central, SC
    Mark, you can't build that fence in the middle of the night, but the fish bite better at night; so get her to make a compromise

7. deerhntr22

deerhntr22 New Member

State:
    Greenville, SC
    Thanks for the report Mark...any of the points around the dam area have always produced fish..plus in that area especially deep water might not be the way to go since there is a thermocline layer that holds around 20ft to 30ft right now...you should be able to see the layer on any fish finder it will look like a line going across the screen so far down...or if you dont see the line that Im referring to you can just count on the majority of the fish you see at a particular depth is most likely this layer...fish this depth and see the difference in action..hope this helps your next trip...:big_smile: